Sunday, January 13, 2019

Slow Stitching

I finished hand quilting this quilt.  It was a quilt along with Cheri Payne...she would give us random basket piece patterns, and we just came up with whatever basket we imagined.  I made four of the blocks, and here is my nearly finished quilt.  I loved this project...and each stitch is in remembrance of a super fun designer; Cheri Payne.  

My fingers are fairly sore, as I did this one all on a road trip.  I still need to make binding, a hanging sleeve, and a label.


Onward!!!  I hope each of you has had some time to slow stitch...check out Kathy; I am linking up to her, for Sunday Slow Stitching.



Hugs from Julie!

11 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful quilt, love your fabric choices too. It is a wonderful tribute and memory of a wonderful friend.

Debbie

Janet O. said...

Such a sweet, whimsical quilt! You have a signature style, no matter whose pattern you are using. This quilt says "Hand made with love by Julie"!

Karrin Hurd said...

What a beautiful quilt! Love baskets and love all things Cheri!

Tired Teacher said...

I adore this piece!

Loris said...

Such a lovely quilt with such a sweet memory attached to it. Cheri inspired so many.
It is raining like crazy here at the moment in California! We don't get much of this. It's kind of amazing!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh what delightful basket quilt--and a really nice job by you stitching it--
luv, di

audrey said...

Love this one!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a fun basket project! How wonderful that you were able to hand quilt it!

Karen said...

The Cheri basket quilt is wonderful! I made a couple of the baskets and then got side tracked. Wonder where I put the project.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice quilt. Hope your fingers are doing better now.

Lori said...

YOur quilt turned out really sweet!!

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...