Sunday, November 18, 2018

Slow scrappy Sunday Stitchin'!

 I have been slow stitching on this quilt, hand quilting it.  I had my doubts, but fell in love with it right when it came out of the dryer.  The applique did well in a rough cycle, wash and dry, so I love that part, since the applique is made out of strings, as well as the blocks, and I was wondering how it would fare.
 I quilted through each string, and some strings have zig zags in them.
 Yay!  The applique held up!!!  This quilt has no batting, but has three layers, being pieced on muslin under the string blocks.
I have a lovely orphan blocks, that I am working on, to make a small basket wall hanging.  PINK!  Bubble gum yummy!


I am linking to Kathy, HERE, for slow stitching!


and Cynthia, HERE for Scrappy!!!



Hope each of you has a great day,



Julie

18 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful quilt and love the stitching, perfect for the scrappy look.

Debbie

Karrin Hurd said...

What a beautiful quilt!

AnnieO said...

Looks terrific! I like the zig zags :)

Janet O. said...

That string quilt is so wonderful! I am glad it held up in the wash. Would have been so sad to lose this beauty to a rough cycle wash and dry.
Fun little creation from the orphan block. :)

Tired Teacher said...

Beautiful job on the quilt and the quilting: I'm happy it passed the laundry test.

Lori said...

What a gorgeous quilt!! Love that pinky block too:) Have a fantastic week,

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Such a lovely finish. I love the borders. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Sherrill said...

BEE-YOU-TI-FUL Julie!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love your string quilt and the applique is a perfect border finish. Thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

Oh my your quilt is beautiful. No doubt several sighs of relief that this pretty passed the wash test. Love your sweet orphan block.

Chantal said...

Congratulations, Julie! Your gorgeous quilt survived its first wash and dry, hehehe. I guess you are all ready for summer now with this no-batting quilt. Sorry to tell you but summer is not for tomorrow. We are stuck in snow! No, not really but we do have snow that won't leave. Needless to say it was a very short Fall season for us. lol. Love your little bubble pink mini quilt. Adorable!! ;^)

em's scrapbag said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love all it's scrappy goodness!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I have GOT to make one of those rectangle block String quilts... LOVE it!!! I especially like the added detail of the "string-y" leaves in the applique. Congrats on a fabulous finish!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is just beautiful!!!

Rose Marie said...

Oh, I love this quilt and your big stitching!

Susie H said...

Oh how pretty! Love your strings, applique borders, and quilting.

Vicki W said...

What a great quilt!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What a lovely quilt! I like the hand quilting you did on it.

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...