Monday, October 15, 2018

Dearest Boy update

I finished our latest block for the quilt along, "Dearest Boy"  I do love this block!  I tried to follow the directions, but I was not clear with them, so went out on my own and pieced it my own way.  I like it!!  Oops!  Just noticed the plaid light yellow is going two different directions in the blocks.
 I tend to organize my projects into these leftover bins from the hospital cath. lab.  Every project has a unique bin.
I thought it might be fun to see all the blocks together.  None are trimmed yet.  I love the goose block the very best!!



Please see the quilter's below to see their progress!


Cathy:  Big Lake Quilter
Julie:  Juliekquilts (me)
Carole: Wheels on the Warrandyte bus









Julie

12 comments:

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

I love your pieced stars and all of your blocks look great together!

Karen said...

Your block centers look just fine to me the way they are positioned. I would have preferred rotary cutting directions for the Darting Minnows block and I did the block my own way too.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Those stars do look difficult, but you did a great job. I would leave the center as is. All of your blocks look so good together.

Tired Teacher said...

A nice array of blocks!

Lori said...

At first I read, "last blocks"! instead of latest blocks. They are pretty! So fun to see all of them together.

Kyle said...

Love seeing all your blocks together. A great combo so far.

KaHolly said...

Oh, it’s gorgeous so far!

Little Penpen said...

Gorgeous! I like your storage solution too. I was always looking for creative uses for throw away things from work. I don't work now and kind of miss that part of it. lol You are getting close to the cow block.... can't wait!

QuiltGranma said...

I decided long ago to not be upset by directional fabrics and just let them fall where they may. Other people it would drive them crazy, but I just don't have time nor the patience to go and fix every little thing I do "wrong"... they are happy accidents as hubby calls them.

julieQ said...

test

julieQ said...

testie!

julieQ said...

testing again

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...