Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Log Cabin Loonies!!

I

Hi Everyone!!

I am having so much fun playing with the log cabin blocks, as you might have guessed from my post last week, LOL!  I am working on my tiny blocks, made from 1 inch strips, but also found a whole cache of 1.5 inch strip sized blocks, also.  So I have been cutting, and sorting and just generally have a great time with my scraps!!  Above are Helen's blocks...aren't they so pretty?  She has about a zillion blocks done already, and they are so pretty, each one!    I think it may be a generalized belief among quilters that other people's scraps are prettier and more interesting than your scraps, LOL...it is just fun to look at all the fabrics...as above!!


Last weeks winner is Pam!!  Please send me your snail mail address, Pam, and I will send you your gift.



So...please add your link below so everyone can see what you have been up to, Loonies...in the best kind of way...Log Cabin Loonies!!






Julie

14 comments:

cspoonquilt said...

Looks like fun! I think your right about other peoples scraps being more interesting. Maybe because we generate our own scraps they are familiar and simply less interesting?! Anyway sorting scraps is a lot of fun! I like to think of it as good cheap entertainment! cheers!

Janet O. said...

Well, those are very pretty little blocks. It does seem that everyone else finds the best fabrics, which makes the best scraps. :)
I am not an official loony, but I did just finish up the blocks on my half log cabin. I am excited to start sewing the rows together.

Material Girl said...

Love those blocks! I really think that tiny blocks look better than big blocks. They are hard to quilt though......

Quilter Kathy said...

It is totally true that we think everyone else's scraps are prettier... scrap envy!

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Love your blocks, the variety of colours is beautiful.

KaHolly said...

Her blocks look delicious! I made 16 - 4” blocks and arranged them for a 16” pillow top to donate to #87 Pillows. Sorry, no picture yet!

Karen said...

I often think other people's scraps are more interesting and wish I had some. Trading scraps would be fun....if a person had a similar taste or if you wanted to try something new and interesting.

Cathy said...

Any scrap is fine by me!
Way to go, Helen!
Thanks for weekly inspiration and encouragement, Julie!

loulee said...

Your blocks are looking lovely.
You're right, other people's scraps always look more interesting than our own.

Julierose said...

Helen's blocks are really lovely..I am letting mine play in their strip until i decide on borders...hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

No where close to a zillion blocks, but I have been having fun! Thank you Julie for hosting log cabin loonies. It got me sewing again, instead of getting distracted by all the 'squirrels' out there. Thank you to everyone who commented on my blocks, this is just a fun project! Helen

gayle said...

Beautiful blocks!
I always think other people's scraps are prettier than my own, too!
Thanks for starting up Log Cabin Loonies again - I've really been enjoying it! Lots of fun in making my own blocks and admiring everyone else's too!

Lori said...

So happy to see lots of people playing along!

Mary R. said...

I came across your project last week and started making little log cabin blocks this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...