Saturday, September 15, 2018

Dearest Boy!!

Well...I have made several variations of this block.  The original had a braided double basket handle, and embroidery.  All the baskets in the original appeared to be a different size...anyhow, I came up with this, and I am still working on this one, as you can see.


Please see below for pattern information!!  See that braided basket block, second row from the top?




We are all working on this quilt, together!!  It is super fun to see each other's blocks and encourage one another on the way...please take a moment to see what these quilter's are up to!

















Cathy:  Big Lake Quilter

























  Julie






14 comments:

Cathy said...

I love your basket design. Hugs

Karen said...

Part way through making my block, I wished I had gone with a single basket rather than the four. Was not an easy block to do. I like what you have started with your block.

beatriz said...

Es un dise;o muy bonito

Vesuviusmama said...

Lovely block!

KaHolly said...

Very nice! This quilt will be so wonderful when completed. I love, love, love the look of applique, but I personally can’t get past the prep work. Keep up the good work!

8 ball pool all version said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tired Teacher said...

Well done!

8 ball pool all version said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janet O. said...

A plain appliqued handle would be tricky enough for me--I would never dare tackle those twisted handles! Looks good to me, Julie!

Kyle said...

It's a sweet addition to the other blocks.

Little Penpen said...

So pretty! This will be an incredible quilt!!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Sweet! I love that you all made your own version of this block!

Lori said...

I love that you made it your own!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished version of your baskets.

A finish

Hi everyone!  I have been kind of obsessed about finishing this jacket.  I used a lot of scraps!!!  Above you can see the large, angled patc...