Monday, September 17, 2007

Working at home!



Weel, I was to have an overtime day at the hospital today, but there were not enough patients in our unit, so I am off today. So I can catch up on my housework and try to make some progress on my quilting projects. It is fall-like here, not quite so hot and just a touch of coolness in the air in the mornings...I love it!!

I am going to start "the old and the new" on my blog, so I can show you what I am currently working on and also share my old quilts and some antiques as well!!

The little yellow quilt was inspired by one of you bloggers...and I can't for the life of me figure out where the idea came from! But the minute I saw the quilt, it just looked like sunshine to me and I had to make one. I did not have any yellow fabric except two scraps, so had to go buy some, and now I have a selection of yellows to go in my quilts, too.


The other quilt is my cat quilt (inspired name, huh!). I had fun quilting it from the back, using the star patterned backing fabric as my guide. Sheer fun!

Have a fun Monday, all.

Juliek

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty Quilts!

keryn said...

You know I've seen the little quilt that inspired yours and I can't remember either. Yours looks nice and cheerful too.

YankeeQuilter said...

The yellow stars look so happy! Did you say antique quilts?! I'll be checking back!

Mary Johnson said...

Very cute, I'm working on a small quilt tonight right now and I love seeing other small ones.

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...