Friday, July 30, 2021

End of the month update; mini quilt and applique!

Cathy and I have been making this applique quilt together!!!  Mrs. Lincoln's quilt...you can find the pattern here: 


Lori Smith Quilts: From my heart to your hands

 We are nearing the end of our journey.  Above is my latest applique block, the pineapple.  I have four more applique blocks to complete, and I will have the center together.  Whoop!!!  This feels good to have made some progress!!!



I have run out of the sashing material, so will have to improvise.




 Here is my mini of the month.  It is 2 inch nine patches, leftovers from the pineapple blocks I made earlier in the year.  I used a thin piece of flannel for the batting, and hand quilted it.  I love the soft, drapable texture.  


Please see Wendy's blog here, for lots of of mini quilts!

The Constant Quilter




What a lovely month it has been!!



Julie


13 comments:

Julierose said...

Mrs. Lincoln is really pretty, JulieK!! Nice work on that mini too...
hugs, Julierose

Cathy said...

Woo Hoo. Your blocks are looking so good. I've got all my blocks put together except for the last row. After next month I will have the top all sewn together. Have you chosen your border fabric? Can't wait to see your finish. Hugs

Wendy Caton Reed said...

What a perfect summer mini! So sweet. I love using leftovers to make minis and this one is perfect. Thanks for another great one. Your Lori Smith blocks are really adding up!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Hopefully you can find more of the sashing fabric. Cute mini!

Susan said...

All of those blocks you made for Mrs. Lincoln's Sampler? That's how far ahead of me you are. LOL Yes, I haven't made the first one yet! I've had the pattern for two years. I will have to see if I can even find it. It's so pretty with your soft gray sashing. I know I have a half dozen grays, and not one would match. It might even be a blue! So gorgeous! The mini sounds like torture - 3 units into two inches. It's cute as anything, though.

Happy end of August!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Look good on Ms Lincoln!

Robin said...

Mrs. Lincoln is so wonderful. The pineapple block is the best, I keep thinking I am going to make a quilt out of pineapple blocks only.

Kyle said...

Your July mini looks just like summer, bright colors, blue skies and lots of light.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Beautiful finished mini quilt and what wonderful Mrs. Lincoln blocks. Fantastic.

cspoonquilt said...

Your Mrs. Lincoln is amazing! and the mini is very cute! brava!

QuiltGranma said...

i always love 9-patch quilts. I find them all charming. Love it!

Quilter Kathy said...

A truly classic mini for July... very pretty!

Millicent George said...

Please Pardon me for Posting this on your Platform, But i had to do it for those interested and needs help. Contact Herbalist Razor who cured me of Herpes Infection .When Physicians Failed me and gave me no hope of a promised tomorrow, Herbalist Razor proved Them wrong , and Cured me with his Herbal Supplement. Contact Him and Get yourself Freed from this Curse of a Virus.
Email : herbalistrazorherbalhome@gmail.com

Whatsapp/Call Herbalist Razor via +2349065420442.

Kindly visit his WEBSITE : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...