Sunday, September 13, 2020

Slow Stitching Sunday

Hello!  A day off, after three days on, at the hospital.  Wild and wonderful hospital days...full of very hard work, some great recoveries and meeting some VERY nice patients and families!  Today is Sunday, a slow stitching day.  I have been appliqueing,  finishing up the last few leaves on this quilt, and it is being sandwiched for hand quilting.   It has been mostly done for ages, now.   I am linking to Kathy, for Slow Sunday Stitching.


https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2020/09/slow-sunday-stitching_13.html


I cut a few masks out.
And actually have a finished one, LOL!

 Made a couple of patriotic caps for the veterans at work.  



And did laundry, mowed  the lawn, walked three miles, cleaned just a little bit, listened to on line church, and napped!  Hurrah!!!  Made a cut lunch (sandwiches). Just a good day!  What did you do today??



Julie




10 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

We went to church (outside) and then Sunday School (also outside). I made a hat for the crazy hat contest with my little quilt guild. The guild party is tomorrow (also outside). Now to stitch the opening closed.....

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Your day was very productive. I was a basically a slug as my head was clogged from so much smoke in the air. I did a little sewing and some knitting.

Sherrill said...

I’m with the tired teacher as I always readily admit that I’m a slug! HA! No excuses either —sigh. But I have been doing a little sewing each day and trying to put some piles away.

AnnieO said...

The quilt looks gorgeous ! You are always keeping so busy. I would drop to exhaustion due to my way too sedentary tendencies! Glad you refilled your stitching -time cup to full!

Rose Marie said...

That flying geese top is GORGEOUS! Sunday, I helped my sister (she is going through chemo), made 7 kids masks, cooked supper and sewed on a binding.

Kyle said...

That vine border is beautiful with all those colors. It's as energetic as you are.

Janet O. said...

Your quilt has turned out beautifully, Julie!!
I repaired a few masks, made a big pot of chicken & wild rice soup, worked on a 6 year old UFO, spent a few hours with hubby painting the home of some elderly friends, and took a walk at dusk. Full days are good days, aren't they?

Flickenstichlerin said...

loevely quilt top, such beautiful colors.

Karen said...

The applique sections in the flying geese quilt is a lovely touch. What method do you use for making flying geese? I have used connector corners for a long time but am going to try the bloc-lock templates and see if they are worth the price

Quilter Kathy said...

That sounds like a great day!
What a lovely quilt you are stitching on... happy slow stitching!

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...