Monday, September 7, 2020

Announcement!!! The PERFECT charity project!!!

 














I have been trying to make the file something blogger likes for a long time...but please, see these blocks and the entire quilt!  Sorry I cannot make it any better for now...


With 12 inch blocks, an inner border of 1" and an outer border of 4", the quilt measures 70x82.  



I looked up these blocks and they are in the public domain, so would be perfect for any of us to use, making a quilt for someone!  Keep that someone in mind, if you choose to join Annie and me, as we make our fun quilts!!   Annie wants to make her quilt for a young person in need.  I want to make my quilt for a volunteer, who happens to be a veteran.  He heads our parade/float committee, and was a Colonel in the Air Force.  He is getting on in years, and I think he would be surprised and happy to have a quilt, just for him!


Annie designed this quilt, using her EQ program.  I love it!  It goes very fast, and can be cut and executed fast...or slow!!!  So I opted to use what I had in my stash, and I found a (gulp) year 2000 print for the centers of the blocks!  I like it...and added a red and a deep blue print.  And a muslin, too.  



The sky is the limit!  Yellow/blue, red, white and blue, green/purple, scrappy...just lots of fun possibilities!  Make as many or as few blocks as you like.




Thanks, Annie, for this super fun squirrel project!!!




Julie

13 comments:

Elle said...

Photos didn't come over to the published blog.

julieQ said...

Thank you, Elle, I am working on trying to make blogger let me post the images. Appreciate you

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Nice looking quilt. Your friend will be honored that you made a quilt especially for him.

Sandy said...

It’s funny how we all seem to be experiencing “different “ issues with blogger.
Your blocked show up really well.

Sandy said...

Your blocks.

Janet O. said...

Annie designed a beautiful quilt. She is a sweetheart, as are you.
Wish I could join in--I am doing so little sewing, other than masks. And after I finish the 20 I have in the works right now, I hope to retire from mask making and catch up with life.
I look forward to seeing your quilt progress.

swooze said...

Love the design!

---"Love" said...

Those pretty blocks will make a beautiful quilt, and no doubt both you and your volunteer/veteran/friend will be blessed when you get to present the quilt to him. ---"Love"

AnnieO said...

Beautiful quilt design. I love star blocks mixed with a more complicated pieced block, always an attractive mix.

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Are you asking for some block donations of Annie's designs? I'm just asking because I love the idea but still don't understand the dimensions, etc... if that's what you're proposing.

julieQ said...

No, not asking for donations, just showing you Annie's idea in case you would like to make the quilt!

Susan said...

I like both the blocks. I can't enlarge the photo, so I think it's the star first, alternating with the other one, right?

Chookyblue...... said...

Nice blocks.... It's always great to see what to bigger picture throws out in the layout.......

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...