Sunday, September 6, 2020

Bits and bobs! on a Sunday!

Annie and I have been chasing a squirrel!!  You must know I love this inspiration!  Annie is my friend from Vashon Island, but I call it Goat Island, because of her goats.  We are making a quilt, for donation!!  Mine will be a quilt of valor, so I have made all these centers for the blocks.  Hurrah!!!  Annie's quilt will be from a very cute Llama fabric, and scrappy! 




I have been working steadily, too, on our California quilt, sewing pieces each day.  I love it!!  More pictures when I have something to show!


It is the most fun ever to play with fabric scraps!!



Like these fabric scraps, for example.  I saved these 1.5 inch strips forever...well time is a wastin'!  As my daddy used to say.  Time to make these scraps into something!
More caps have arrived!  I got a call from a local lady about 10 pm one night, and she wanted to bring caps by right that minute!  Well I was already in bed, bur we waited up for her, and she brought these pretty caps, above, for the Caps for Caregivers project!!  I love them! Thank you to Diane C!!
Annie and Margaret have been making children's masks.  The need is big, with the kids going back to school, and so these have gone to the basket at work, so the parents who need masks can take some for their children. THANK YOU!!  I have made some, and they have all been taken, so I am making more. These are just the cutest things!  I just might have fabric envy, with such cute fabrics...not really, but they are just darling masks!

 The rest of the pieces for the squirrel quilt, known as "Northwest by Southwest!"  I just love it!  Just need some sewing time.  I am running around catching up on the housework, listening to online church,  and some cooking for the week.  Do you cook ahead, for your week???




Hugs to all!!! Hope you have a super day today!



Julie

10 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Lovely you have a challenge with Annie the quilts will both be lovely.......
Lots of very kind people making caps and masks...... It's great you are able to distribute them.....

---"Love" said...

You are one busy gal! All your projects look like fun, and sounds (reads) like you are having fun with them. I'm sure those who receive the masks and caps will be grateful for them too. I must tell you that just as I reading that you are cooking for the week, I was thinking that I need to go cook those potatoes and carrots I meant to put in with the roast yesterday! I'll be eating on all that for most of this week probably. Enjoy your quilting time! ---"Love"

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I don't cook for the week end--but when I cook I do cook enough for at least 2 meals-I have always enjoyed leftovers!!! There is just me to cook for me!!
luv, di
have an awesome week--

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Chasing squirrels is fun and can be very productive. I like the start of your QOV. Having a basket of kiddo masks at work is brilliant since it gives hardworking moms and dads one less thing to think about to keep their kids safe while at school.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Your QOV quilt is so cute! Love it. Where did you find the Northwest by Southwest pattern?
Hugs

Susan said...

I like your quilt! Since you mention Annie lives on Vashon Island, I'm surprised it isn't going to Sue at American Hero Quilts. =)

Sue SA said...

Your very generous to make masks to give away when you are working so hard already. I do cook ahead sometimes, but prefer to freeze portions for those nights I dont feel like cooking or run late.

Quilter Kathy said...

1.5" strips are my favourite to use in scrappy quilts!
I cook on weekends when I'm really organized and in the fall/winter I make lots of soups and that's my favourite thing to do on the weekends.
So awesome about all the masks being made and donated!
Happy stitching!

Jennie in GA said...

You are one busy bee! Years ago when my girls were young and I still worked I used to cook ahead. Makes life much easier.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I made about 80 kids masks for the kids in our neighborhood. Our kids are doing school online only, but anyone 2 or over has to wear a mask if they go anywhere. When I made the masks, you couldn't find kid masks anywhere.

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...