Monday, September 21, 2020

Scraps!


 A string quilt is in the works!  I have so many things going on...but these blocks are easy and fun to concentrate on.  They are already layered with batting and backing, so I will just sew them together and have a quilt, when I have enough blocks!  I sorted through the scrap bins ( which is mostly what I have, LOL!) and found more blue strings. The yellow is just for fun! Hurrah!!


Linking to Cynthia, HERE:


http://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com/2020/09/oh-scrap-bit-by-bit.html



Julie

12 comments:

Sherrill said...

I love string quilts! In fact, was just cutting paper to strip piece on yesterday for 2 different string quilts (I've never had luck with quilt as you go quilts). Like your colors very much!

---"Love" said...

Such pretty blocks, and they will indeed make a very pretty quilt! I made a string quilt several years ago that I love, and rather sandwiching it as I went, I sewed the strips onto muslin, and then quilted it in the usual manner. ---"Love"

Quilting Babcia said...

Those pops of yellow are just what is needed to make this quilt sing, great blocks!

Randy D. said...

Really cute string quilt; and the yellow is perfect. Otherwise it'd be without POP!!
Nice job!!

AnnieO said...

Pretty ! I like the look of string blocks but can't be bothered to save all those skinny strips, already have bulging scrap drawers of chunks, precut strips and squares :) Glad you're having fun with them.

Susan said...

The yellow is a great accent!

Janet O. said...

This is going to be beautiful, like sapphires with a touch of gold.

Jocelyn said...

I love string quilts and yours looks great!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Loove it!! Blues and yellows are just so pretty!!

Louise said...

String blocks are just so satisfying to make, aren't they? :)

QuiltGranma said...

What a great way to go, pieced and quilted at the same time.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Lovely scrap usage

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...