Sunday, November 24, 2019

Dear Jane update 11-24-19 (other things!)

 I did not work on a Dear Jane block today.  The next one is very daunting, and I am nervous about it, LOL!  Instead, I have been working on these plaid Log Cabin blocks.  I made them with two inch strips, and have 80 of them made.  Good enough for a good sized quilt.

I pulled these strips our of my strings bins, so I calling it a string quilt, although it is a bit more organized than the fun chaos of most string quilts.



I am also doing some slow hand quilting on this quilt.  Above is my log cabin, portrayed as I imagine having it one day!  Surrounded by forest!  I love these hand stitches...


I am linking to Kathy, here, for Slow Stitching Sunday.



https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2019/11/slow-sunday-stitching_24.html



*******************Nurse' notes*********************************


I have gotten to be good friends with the wife of the patient from last week.  He has made no progress at all, and she is taking care of 5 children by herself.  She is a doll, and determined to help in any way she can. And this is what nursing is all about for me....I love those walking wounded, the families that really need support and love, through weeks of ICU care and rehab.




Julie

13 comments:

Jennie in GA said...

Your patients are blessed to have you.
Love the log cabins. Going to be a great quilt. And your hand quilting is looking great!!

Vicki W said...

Ditto what Jennie said!

---"Love" said...

Your log cabin blocks are already beautiful! Hope you get your log cabin dream house someday. You certainly deserve it for all the good you've done as a nurse already! ---"Love"

Jenny said...

Two lovely projects!

Quilter Kathy said...

The hand quilting looks lovely... enjoy!
The new plaid string cabins are also lovely!
Have a great stitching day!

Sue said...

Your log cabin blocks are fab. Love your hand quilting.

cspoonquilt said...

Great Log cabin blocks! And I can't wait to see the rest of the block with the cabin block! cheers!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Pretty Header quilt and your log cabins! Nice that you befriended the wife - am sure she needs all the support she can muster up! Hugs

Lori said...

I'm sure your support to your patients wife is what she needs. I hope he gets better.

Now, get back to that "Hard" jane block!!

Chantal said...

Oh you, funny girl! You tricked me. I was all excited about seeing another DJ block but no. Since the plaid log cabin is so gorgeous I forgive you, lol. Enjoy the slow stitching. It's good for the soul. ;^)

Janet O. said...

LOL--all of the DJ blocks look too hard for me. That is why the book is still on my shelf.
Absolutely love your plaid log cabin!
Julie, anyone who has you for their nurse, or their loved one's nurse, is truly blessed!

Kyle said...

Love all those plaids playing together. Hand stitching is a perfect way to recenter ourselves after hectic days.

Vic in NH said...

Your log cabin is delightful!!! Thank you for showing it here to inspire me. hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving Day!

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...