Sunday, November 19, 2017

Happy Sunday...and a cherished day off!

 Good morning!!  This is what I am doing for the sashing on my basket quilt...the patterns are free, from Cheri Payne.
 I decided to just make four baskets, so here is where I am.  Applique is super fun!!
 I have always wanted to make a big quilt from this block...so I made one, just to see...and somehow, I don't like it so much.  Maybe it is the fabrics choices I made...so I will wait on this one.
 As I was cleaning, I found pieces and parts of old quilts, and some of them found their way into this little pink quilt.  The nine patches were leftover from a mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville...who by the way!  Has a mystery quilt coming up, if you didn't know!!  Please see the link below to check it all out!!


http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2017/10/on-ringo-lake-quiltville-mystery.html

 I have been saving Christmas fabrics forever.  Why?  Why am I saving it??  The time is now to move forward with making something!!  I cut all the Christmas fabrics scraps into these pieces...and will create, I hope, a lovely Christmas quilt to be enjoyed throughout the season.
 This was the pile I started with!  Yahoo..progress feels amazing!!
The final kitty block  is done...and I have written instructions, so I am forging ahead with cutting out the whole quilt now.  Whoop!  I do not want to step on any toes, if this is someone's pattern, but I figured the kitty block out after several block trials.  I would love to share the pattern, but do not want to take away anyone's livelihood, if they are selling the pattern.  Does anyone know if this is a copy written pattern??  Or is it just one of those patterns that has been around forever?  And would anyone be interested in the pattern, just to make your own quilts from??  I mean just to share the pattern, not to sell it...just for us to enjoy together!!





Have a great day!!

Julie

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks Julie I received your scraps. I am happily cutting into them. Sew happy

Roxanne said...

So much goodness in this post! Beautiful little basket quilt, fun pinks, and the cat block is adorable.

Lori said...

Lots of Sunday beauty on your post today!

Quilting Babcia said...

Beautiful baskets! I would love to see your instructions for that cat block, don't know if I've ever seen one exactly like it. I think it would make a great block for a child's quilt or even a nursing home quilt for a cat admirer.

Karen said...

Your vines have made the Cheri basket piece very special.

Tired Teacher said...

I've been saving Christmas fabric, too, and I REALLY need to do something with it.

Chantal said...

I love your basket quilt. To me, it looks like a window with baskets on the sills. Love the different baskets. Do you know that Cécile is asking for participants in a basket sew-along? Just in case you wish to see, here's the post: http://patchworkinspirations.fr/?p=2778
I would love the instructions for the cat block. The pink one is charming. Enjoy the slow stitching. ;^)
P.S. Bonnie has received her scraps! AHHHHH! Can't wait for mine but I know it will be awhile still. ♥

Kyle said...

Love how the appliqued vines make the baskets stand out. It great choice for the sashing. Hohoho. Have fun with all that Christmas fabric.

Barbara said...


Love your applique sashing! I've got some Christmas fabrics laying around too. Bonnie Hunter has a Pattern called Jingle Bell Square in her book Addicted to Scraps I'm thinking of trying. I would love to have your instructions for your cat block. It's really cute.
bfiresheets@bellsouth.net

audrey said...

Your sashing is so wonderful! Love that little touch with the sweet basket blocks.:)

Unknown said...

Hi, I would love your instructions for your cat block. Beautiful baskets, miss your scrap quilt that was on your header though. Always love your blog. Sincerely, Deborah

debbie13david17@gmail.com

Lcrrkhs said...

I would think there's no copyright issue here, as it came from your brain and you're not trying to support your family with it. That being said, I'd love a copy!

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...