Thursday, November 30, 2017

Last day of November!

 Good morning!  My friends Karen from the Log Cabin Quilter, and Cathy of the Big Lake Quilter are doing such a fun quilt along, with each other!  Super fun blocks are being made by each quilter, and the pattern is out of print, so I experimented this morning to see if I could come up with a block that was similar...and of course, my block is different.  This was fun, drawing my own pattern!!
 Today is the last day of November, and the color was brown or black (darks), I think...so I made these birds.  I don't know how the yellow one snuck in there!
There are all my birdies in the flock, so far. I like these guys!!!  I am doing these for the rainbow challenge at Angela's blog...please see here!


http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/2017/11/scraphappy-saturday-finishing-up-and.html




***************************Nurse's notes...code blue!***********************


My patient was not doing well all day yesterday, and coded just before I was to leave.  My heart is broken, but we saved them, and I am glad for that!  They are now on continuous dialysis and maximum life support.  I cannot stop thinking of them and praying for this patient.  Such is the life of a nurse!  I got home very, very late, and my arms hurt like crazy...I did CPR for twenty minutes.


***********************************************************************


Julie

10 comments:

Sherrill said...

Oh! That is so sad and I KNOW you're tired after doing CPR that long. My concern for a long time has been that something like that will happen even though I don't want it..life support, feeding tube, etc. And I've made arrangements to have my body donated to science and family knows all this stuff. I'm just afraid something will get screwed up somewhere and I'll wind up on life support or my body won't get to UTSW. So glad I took DH home for hospice for his final 3 weeks.

Leeanne said...

CUTE birds! Of course it is already December here in NZ......kiwi Hugsxx

belarmina said...

Julie me gusta tu cesta!!
los pájaros son bonitos
saludos

Cathy said...

Julie your block is great. I love the heart. Hugs

Chantal said...

I love your basket the best. A double heart is so you, who always give double doses of love, empathy, caring and attention ... and fabric! :^D The nurse story of today is the perfect example. Do other nurses spend their home time praying for their patients? Not many, I'm sure. Love your birds too. Just keep those blocks away from your cute cat design, okay? Enjoy! ;^)

Tired Teacher said...

The birds are fabulous: I ❤️ every one!

Lori said...

Wow! I cannot imagine!
Love your block and your flock!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love your very own basket and those birds are so wonderful. I enjoyed seeing your past projects now gracing your tables for Christmas.

Chookyblue...... said...

Love your birdies......
I could never be a nurse..... I keep my first aid up to date........you did well to do cpr for 20 mins....... Huge effort

Jane said...

You are incredible! I hope all nurses are like you!

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...