Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Musing about quilts...

 I guess I really like this pattern, from Bonnie Hunter!!  I first made the one with two inch inch strips, and a tiny one with 1.5 inch strips, then the largest, bed-sized quilt also!!!  I think that now, I would have added another small white border on the outside, next to the binding.  Who knows!  I may make another one!!!
 This one is my favorite...hand quilted, and made with tiny pieces.  I loved it..thank you, Miss Bonnie!

Making a little progress on these blocks...I love the ones with high contrast the best!!  I have a lot of plaids cut out, so watch out!  More plaid and plain quilts are in the works!!



Thank you, Log Cabin Loonies!!  Please, go and visit these talented ladies blogs...I am in love with their log cabin quilts!  (last post!)  Link up, too,  if you would like to show a log cabin quilt, or whatever you are working on, etc.  We love them all, all the quilts you have going on!


Have a super day!

Julie

8 comments:

Karen said...

Do you gift most of your quilts or do you have a big stash of those you have made?

julieQ said...

I gift many, many of them...I am waiting for grandchildren, because I think the kids are saturated! I give many to patients, Karen.

AnnieO said...

They are so scrappy and great! What is the name of the pattern?

Rebecca in AK said...

Great quilts! Love the three sizes, so fun! I did Bonnie's tumbler leader/ender and liked it so much I made a mini. I like your new project!

Chantal said...

Love your triplets quilts (hehehe!). So scrappy and happy quilts. This would be a great leader/ender pattern as it doesn't require much thinking. Thanks for the inspiration, Julie. ;^)

Tired Teacher said...

Your new blocks are gorgeous and the setting possibilities are nearly endless. They would make interesting squares if put together.

Bonnie does have some nice designs. I love the three you made from one of her patterns.

Gayle said...

I sure do like your scrap quilts! I have a pattern also that I like enough to make multiple times. I've done it small and smaller so far - next will be bed sized!

Tami C said...

I haven't found a Bonnie Hunter quilt that I didn't like! I can't seem to find this quilt anywhere on her site and I would love to make one myself! I really like all three of yours!

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...