Monday, September 15, 2014

Try a brand new bag!


 This morning was kind of a tough one!!  I find myself wandering, not being able to settle on a project or a cleaning place in the house.  A little project is usually just what I need to get back on track.  I have been really admiring these bags, so made a couple little ones from my plaid scraps and shirt yardage for the linings from the thrift store.
Another view...the little one's pattern is here, by Rachel Griffith. The larger one is just about twice as big, and I tweaked it as I went to make it the size I wanted. I did put double batting in the large one, and interfacing in the handles to give them some strength and shape.   Each one took about one hour to make...easy-peasy!!



Have a great day, everyone!!  I am off to clean the kitchen...having found my focus!

Julie

14 comments:

Loris said...

Well, how cute are those new bags! I'm so glad they helped you get your focus back. I know what that's like! Too much going on all the time it seems. Piecing helps me figure it out sometimes.

KaHolly said...

Well, now, that was just the ticket!! The bags are adorable and hopefully just the jumpstart you needed to get back into the groove.

Mary said...

Very cute bags! I like the an hour apiece comment too!

mary

Nancy said...

Great bags - I like my bags to stand up by themselves, too. It makes them easier to use.

Janet O. said...

It appears to me that you always have focus. There is always something wonderful showing on your blog--and this is no exception. Great bags!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Sweet bags!

Rosa said...

Gorgeous bags. I like bags that stand up by themselves.Mine no,any tip to get it?

Kyle said...

Only an hour? You're good! Very cute?

Angie said...

Okay, girly, I am in LOVE with these bags!!! I may need more detailed instructions on how to make the larger one, pretty please? :)

Chantal said...

Lovely little bags. So scrappy and plaid to top it off. Just adorable. I won't do it in an hour but I'll give it a try for sure. Thanks for sharing the link.

AnnieO said...

Very cute! Really happy and fun fabrics. Hard to tell how big they are--where's your doggie to give us some scale? Lol

Flickenstichlerin said...

What a neat idea, makes a cute little gift. Yours look so pretty. Thank you for sharing the tutorial link.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Lori said...

Great bags!! Fun to have a quick project to get you sewing again.

Stephanie Hughes said...

I love this bag! Great colors!

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...