Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!! How about some pumpkin cheesecake with a yummy chocolate spider web on top? Dear husband decorated this cheesecake and took it to work...and I helped by eating the leftover chocolate. Am I not a good wife?
He also got some cute, cute baby pumpkins so I could decorate our dining room table. I have had the Indian corn for many years, I still think it is so pretty.

And Pumpkin-cranberry muffins too! Yum!!
I love Halloween for one thing...all the kiddos who come to the house for treats. I just love seeing the costumes and the precious little ones running around...fun!!
**************************Nursing Notes*************************************
The Gypsy princess:
I had a tiny little lady for my patient, last day I worked at the hospital, young, drop-dead gorgeous with hip length dark hair and lovely brown eyes. She reminded me so much of the beautiful gypsy girls I had read about as a girl. This little gypsy, however, was very sick, on the vent, when she came in her body temp. was 93.0 F. She had been down for a long time. Blood sugar 1200 (normal is 80-120). Diabetes run amok. She is getting better, but she just strikes me so...a darling gypsy in our midst. As she is on the vent, I braided all that lovely hair, so it won't be too big a mess for her when she wakes up. She will be all better soon...
*****************************************************************************
Have a great day,
Julie


20 comments:

Trisha said...

Love your table decorations. I think little pumpkins are so cute. The cheesecake and muffins look delicious!

I hope that if I ever end up in the hospital that I have a caring nurse like you!

Sue H said...

Oooh, pumpkin cheesecake sounds fabulous. What a clever frosting idea! And for me, that's just the right amount of frosting for any cake. And I ditto Trisha's sentiments about the nursing!

Quiltluver said...

Pumpkin cheesecake sounds pretty good right now. I was touched by your thoughtful act for your patient. Happy Halloween!

Amelia said...

Did you make the cheesecake and hubby then decorated it? Anyway, it looked great for the occasion and I bet it tasted wonderful....the little pumpkins are so cute on the runner.

As always, enjoy reading the nursing notes.

AnnieO said...

I love to decorate for fall and Halloween. Your treats look so yummy. Cheescake is a favorite~your hubby did a great job.

What a sweetheart you are to braid her hair. When I had waist length hair I braided it at night to keep it from getting tangled too.

Darlene said...

Yummy!!!! :-)

Quilter Kathy said...

What wonderful Halloween photos!
You are a very good wife to eat up all that chocolate!
And to top off your post with another treat...the picture in my mind of a nurse braiding a patient's hair was just so loving and gentle, I got teary!

Karen said...

Save me a piece. I will be right over!

*karendianne. said...

Oh gosh golly and gee wiz but that pumpkin cheesecake is looking really incredible. I love the look of those muffins. Wish I were there to share my friend. Actually, first I wish I were near to be invited! :)

Pat said...

I'm glad the gypsy-like lady will recover. YIKES.....a BS of 1200....I didn't know anyone could survive a level that high!!! NICE cheesecake...I'd have helped you finish the leftovers (good friend that I am....hehehe). Your Halloween table decorations look really cute!

Kristie said...

My prayers are with you and your Gypsy Princess. And I pray that the Lord gives you the strength to keep caring for these dear patients of yours.

Your hubby is very talented! :) Looks great! Love cheesecake!
Kristie

Khris said...

ohh I wish we had these sorts of muffin shapes in Oz....I had a bugger of a time buying a cake with a Halloween theme for my daughters birthday...hugs Khris

Ginger Patches said...

Mmmm that cheesecake looks yummy! Cute pumpkins :)

Anonymous said...

That cheesecake looks YUMMY :o) I hope your patient gets better soon. That has to be so hard on the family. I do the transcription end of things and read about the clinical part of medicine, but I don't get to hear the 'human' part, and I like to read your patient posts.

Meggie said...

I hope your little Gypsy is ok! Love to herXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, Happy Halloween....gorgeous cheescake...well done to hubby for the decorating.....love your Halloween decor...hugs lyn

Becky said...

I don't know that I would have let him bring that luscious cheesecake to work. We love pumpkin everything at my house. Looking forward to Thanksgiving - pumpkin pie!

ladydi said...

Your dh did a marvelous job decorating that cake - the spiders are magnificent. I absolutely LOVE the nine patch hour glass quilt a few posts back. It's beautiful.

Millie said...

I love all your table decorations and the muffins look so good to eat.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

what a cute table setup!! & the pumpkin muffin tray.. adorable!

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...