Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pam's quilt

Howdy y'all...just wanted to show you a friend's quilt, as I have not had any quality quilting time lately. My friend Pam finished the quilt above. A few years ago, we all made red work blocks, any pattern, any subject...then all swapped! Another friend put them all into stars. Then each of us set our particular set of blocks together. Pam got hers done first...and here it is! I am binding it for her. You can see where I am in that process. Another friend with a long arm quilter, quilted it for her. Pretty!
I like this block in her quilt.. a cute little sewing lady!

And this block too..I like this one! We swapped red work airplanes, alphabet letters, flowers, animals...you name it and we made it. Four friends swapped, and we had enough for four quilts with nine blocks each. It was fun!!! We have swapped nine patches in reproduction fabrics, batik slice and dice blocks, and made several quilts together for our charity, which is the elementary school by our hospital.
And speaking of fun...hope you are having some this week!!
Julie


8 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's very pretty!

Pat said...

What a wonderful quilt and I like the teamwork....one friend doing the stars...another quilting it....another (you!!!) binding it. What a fun project!

*karendianne. said...

Now that's quite a quilt and the QUILTING is "wow!" ~ seriously well done, with such care.

Quilter Kathy said...

This is darling! I really like redwork blocks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, what a special quilt...love the idea.....just something about redwork....hugs lyn

Jean said...

That quilt is adorable! I think you must be the nicest friend yet to bind it for her....that is my least favorite part!

Elaine said...

These redwork quilts always impress me. That's another one I'd like to do, but probably never will. It's very lovely.

Nancy said...

What a lovely Red Work quilt. I need to start embroidering again.

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...