Sunday, July 12, 2009

Another one...


Another little 6 inch Sylvia's Bridal Sampler block...a bit wonky, may have to redo this one. It was fun though! The block is on my roll-top desk.

I just wanted to say...quilters are so kind! Pat was so nice to put me in touch with her friend Barbara, who gave me tons of information about Atlantic City and the whole state of New Jersey, that we are going to visit this year. It helped so much to know the high points, those not to be missed quilt shops and wonderful things to do. A sincere thank you to you both!!!



Have a super Monday, all!!

7 comments:

Pat said...

You are most welcome, Julie. I hope the trip lets you have some fun in addition to learning your "nurse stuff".

animal lover, quilt lover said...

I got this used computer last January. I had never used a computer or even used a typewriter in 35 years, and started learning to use it. I found the quilt blogs, and an in love with them and the quilters. I have sewed most of my life, and quilted three.
Keep on blogging!

Trisha said...

I love this leaf block! It is such a great pattern.

Debi said...

Very nice block, I love the green fabric.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, enjoy your trip....with your block what I did with my DJ to save re doing them if they are a smigden smaller than they should be I added a thin border the same colour as the background when the quilt is stitched together you cannot notice it...I remember one block I made six times as I was unhappy with it....gave up in the end....all learning....hugs lyn

*karendianne. said...

Love it when plans come together with the help of friends! :) ...and I like how you slid this block right in on us, too!

AnnieO said...

Glad you connected with the right person! Quilters are the best tour givers ever, aren't they?

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...