Sunday, February 4, 2024

Happy Sunday!



Kitty was not feeling well.  Did not eat for a day, then ate OK, then not again for 36 hours.  I started feeding him baby food with a syringe.  Right now, he seems right as rain, if skinny...



And then there were nine heart blocks, with flowers and rick-rack.  Goodness...rick-rack?  But I love it, for the bright borders it provides.



I finished hand quilting this little quilt, made out of Janet scraps.  My very favorite thing in the world is scraps!!  Thank you, my dear friend!! Why do I love scraps so, so much???




This quilt got back from the quilter's and will be bound and gifted to our volunteers at my work.  Raffle?  Gift?  Not sure, and it will be up to them.  





 Kitty felt good enough to inspect this little pink quilt for my nursing friend with breast cancer.  It is all done now!!!




Have a lovely day, each of you!



Julie

11 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

I see why Janet gave you those scraps.......the pieces would have been far to big for her......LOL.......the pink quilt looks great for your friend.........the other donation one is lovely too.....you are always so productive......inspiring to me

Jannette said...

I love your bright and vibrant quilt-y projects! What a blessing those quilts will be to the recipients.

Sherrill said...

Some more beauties today! Love the pink! Has kitty been pottying OK? I watch "Dr. Jeff, Rocky Mtn. Vet" all the time and he gets a lot of pups and kitties that eat something they're not supposed to and they stop eating cuz they're plugged up. Hopefully that's not his issue.

Astrid said...

Beautiful quilt tops and I love your little scrappy finish. The heart blocks are really cute with the rick-rack border. Sorry Kitty is not feeling well, hope he recovers fast. Give him a hug from me!

Anonymous said...

A cat not eating is not a good sign. I strongly recommend a visit to a vet to check for infection or other problem.

Donna said...

Hope your kitty is feeling better soon. Your finishes are all lovely. You sure get a lot done.

Cherie Moore said...

Here’s hoping Kitty is already feeling better. The pink quilt for your friend is lovely….hope she feels the love and her prognosis is good.

Tired Teacher said...

It’s always fun to see your projects!

Nann said...

Those heart blocks are so delightful! The jewel scraps are sparkly, too. Hope your cat gets better w/o a visit to the vet.

Janet O. said...

Kitty is lucky to be cared for by such a dedicated nurse! Hope he stays well now!
Such a happy heart project. The rick-rack gives it a wonderful charm.
You did so much more with those scraps than I would have done--and you hand quilted it. That is adorable. Is it the Corn and Beans block? I love it!
The last two quilts are beautiful, heartfelt gifts. The recipients will be thrilled, I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

Those flowers heart blocks are so pretty!

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...