Saturday, February 17, 2024

Rainbow quilts update

 


I pulled out this quilt top and finally put borders on it!!  Hurrah!!!  It is my own creation of plaid strings and applique hearts.  



Lucky the kitty is always a good helper with quilting.  Here he is, selecting border fabrics.


Yes, he has sass, this one!!!  Always up for playing and running and just generally having a great time!




Here is Lucky posing with my rainbow quilt blocks for this year.  I am linking to Angela, at So Scrappy quilts.  Just a variety of fun blocks!!!



I really enjoy making hearts to spread some love around.



I am working on the mystery quilt...psychologically, I would say I am procrastinating getting it finished because I love the process so much!!

Hope you are having a great day!!


Julie

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Love the Plaid Strings/hearts quilt., JuliK:)))) Such a neat quilt...
Hope all is well with you and yours...hugs, Julierose

Dora said...

Lucky is such a little cutie. I enjoy seeing pics of him.

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful quilt, love the mix of design elements and color choices. Kitties do love helping when we are creating.

Debbie

maggie fellow said...

I love the plaid quilt - so cool

Elaine said...

Love those hearts and how good of Lucky to offer help. He clearly makes a good quilting kitty, love to see pics of him, glad he's making progress. Elaine in UK

Susie H said...

Your plaid quilt is gorgeous! Love all the rows and the different hearts. My Polly looks and sounds like your Lucky. I've often said I should have named her Sassy. At 10, she still plays with her strings & felted balls, flies through the house like a silver bullet, and she'll still put a swing on you if she doesn't feel like getting pet. Very sassy! Hahaha Have a great week!

Elaine Adair said...

That first quilt definitely needed finishing - it is UNIQUE and beautiful to boot! Thanks for fresh ideas - oh yeaaa, cute photos of kitty doesn't hurt! 8-)))

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love love love that plaid!! and your helper is doing a bang up job haha!

Lori said...

Lucky is lucky to have you and your quilts to play with! Love your varied quilt projects.

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...