Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Updates!!

Hurrah!!  I got this quilt top together, which was a rainbow quilts one.  It is off to the quilter, and then will be gifted to a patient.




I have been fiddling with the heart blocks, which I love.  Just silly flowers.  I love those too!!

I pulled out this very thick string quilt to put on the bed, for it has been cold here.  I mean relatively.  I know you in the Dakotas and such are laughing at my 12 degree weather, which thankfully was short lived.  The cold weather surely did a number on the garden, though.  Onward!  I got new seeds for the springtime garden today.



I have a nurse friend who loves pink, and has told me several times how much she loves it.  OK then!!  She is a breast cancer patient too.  She will get this one when it is completed.

What are you working on today????

Julie
 

12 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

pretty projects all...the pink is sooo springy. yep cold here too which means in the teens overnite. i know, not as bad as some but for us that is very cold.

Robin said...

Cold is cold and there's no laughing here. Lovely finish.

Chantal said...

Yes, I could laugh at your 12 degrees when we can easily have 0 degrees Fahrenheit here in Canada, but then again, I couldn't survive your summers, so, not laughing. Love your heart blocks. The rickrack all around is so cute. You got a great start on the pink quilt. Stay warm. ;^)

Astrid said...

Love your rainbow quilt and the other ones too! Your heart blocks are cute, I love the rickrack around them, such great idea. Pretty pink blocks too. 12F is about -11C. I'm not laughing at all, because I'm freezing here in the tropics during the cold season, or 'winter' as the locals call it. Can't be compared to real snowy winter though. Stay warm!

Vicki W said...

I absolutely love the rainbow star quilt!

Jo said...

That is so lovely you have someone special to gift this beautiful quilt to.

Donna said...

Love your rainbow quilt! That’s the kind of quilt we need for cold, dreary days! That would be a great pattern for a Quilt of Valor. The lady with breast cancer will love her pink quilt!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Pretty projects - they will definitely bring love11
your string quilt is gorgeous - and YES with 12d you need that baby!!!!!

Sherrill said...

You have lots of pretties today! Love the multi-color and the pink. I've been slowly working on a string quilt that will be for donation. I have 3 tops ready for backing but that always gives me pause. Not sure what it is about the backing....

Nann said...

12 degrees is chilly here, too -- and I'm grateful for the winter warmup that will continue into this week. But a little sunshine would be nice. The pink pineapple blossom blocks are great!

Lori said...

You are working on such a fun variety of terrific quilts! Love the string quilt!

Chookyblue...... said...

of the rainbow one is so solourful..........I do need to make a rainbow quilt......
I love the string one........it would be nice and warm with so much fabric..........
how nice to make a quilt for your friend and perfect is she loves pink and its the breast cancer coulour......

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...