Monday, July 17, 2023

UFO's I never knew I had!

 

I knew I had this UFO, above.  It was just a pile of blocks, created with much love and joy, by me.  I just had not gotten them put together yet! But now?  I do!  And the quilt has a border!  Yahoo!!!!!!


This quilt, however, is not mine...yet it a UFO.  I was going through my scraps, cutting them to sizes I use most, and I found it crammed into a bag of scraps.  hmmmmm.  Where did this come from?  What to do with it??  It had a 10 inch wide yellow border, just on two sides.  So, I cut much of the border off, left a narrow strip, added the leftover yellow to the top and bottom, and added the lavender border.  Tada!!!  This will be a perfect quilt for chemo!!!



Onward!!!  I am working frantically on the RWB quilt for my hubby, but I have to dust, honestly...it is needed!!!




Julie

11 comments:

Robin said...

You made that little unknown UFO into a cheerful lap quilt - nice work.

cityquilter grace said...

a lemon into lemonade....terrific!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Two beautiful quilts!

Elaine Adair said...

Yeaaaa! Two bright and cheerful quilts/UFOs! All is good!

Kyle said...

UFOs rescued!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Both are so great!! and Bonus!! haha!!

Janet O. said...

Look at you go! A great finish on the UFO you remember, and a very creative solution to make a useful quilt from the one that came out of nowhere! :)
Isn't dusting just the peskiest chore? No one even has to do anything in a room to mess it up, yet it will still need dusting.

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Nann said...

Serendipity!

Chookyblue...... said...

I like your block quilt.......and well done on making something of the bottom random find........

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...