Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Happy Fourth!!!

 



Happy Fourth of July to those quilters in the USA!! I am working on the above blocks, for a children's quilt, going to a refugee Ukranian child.  I am loving these bright, fun fabrics!!!  I hope this will find a child in need of a fun, bright quilt, for a glimmer of happiness in a terrible situation.


Nancy, who blogs below, sent out the word for these quilts.  She needs 25 of them.  


O, Quilter -- Can You Help? (nancynearphiladelphia.blogspot.com)



Here are some fun facts about our July 4th remembrance.  






Hope each of you has a happy day!!


Julie

8 comments:

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Thank you for your post and happy 4th to you too. Do you know how big your friend needs the children's quilts to be? I would love to help out but need just measurements to begin.

julieQ said...

Nancy has requested quilts 36x50, give or take!!!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Happy Fourth!

Lori said...

I saw Nancy's shout out as well. I'm sure she will have 25 quilts in no time.
Bless you for starting right away!

Chookyblue...... said...

oh I do love the churn dash blocks......great colours......it will be loved for sure........

Angie said...

They are so pretty, Julie! They make me smile—-they will surely bring a warm comforting wrap for a child in Ukraine.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh very great blocks!!! they will definitely bring a smile!!

Jennifer Walsh said...

Happy Fourth of July! It's a day of celebration and fireworks, and while we wonder about "How Old Is Dolores in Encanto," let's also appreciate the magic in every moment. Wishing you a fantastic day of festivities!

Sewing right along!

Hello!!  I made a few zipper bags for the guild sales table, to raise money for the guild scholarships.  I bought zippers on Amazon for penn...