Sunday, April 4, 2021

Lots of hand stitching

Happy Easter to all who celebrate!!!  I have been appliqueing hearts, again...great fun for me!
I finished the binding on this quilt, made from leftover bindings from other quilts.  
A sheet is the backing!  
I finished binding and hand quilting this quilt.  I loved doing this!
I finished the binding on this quilt, too.
A friend passed away and her daughter gave me this.  It is cross stitch on linen, and so well done!
This is the whole picture, of the 23rd psalm.  
I learned how to make zipper pouches!  I love them...fun and not a bit hard.  open wide zippered pouch: DIY tutorial - Noodlehead (noodle-head.com)  Here is the pattern!!!  Just click on the link.
I am learning how to make pineapple blocks, using a Creative Grids ruler.  I love this block!!!  Annie made this one!
This is a dark picture, but here are my centers.  So pretty, and all from reproduction fabrics.

 The lady who passed away had made these fabric leaves/petals.  There are one zillion of them in this box, all pressed and basted and ready to applique!!  AMAZING!!!  Her daughter passed things out to each quilter at the last guild meeting.  We met outside in a parking lot...and it was so much fun!


And that is what I have been up to.   I am not caught up but getting closer!


Julie

18 comments:

Julierose said...

I have that pineapple ruler, too--now to figure out how to use it!! ;)))
WOW all those beautiful petals just begging to be appliqued--that is amazing, Julie...
enjoy
hugs, Julierose

Rose Marie said...

You have been super busy! Amazing quilts and all your lovely projects! That bag of petals ..... ohhhh, have fun with them.

sue s said...

You have been busy, and obviously enjoying it!! I also have that ruler, but I failed at the first try, so maybe next time will go better.

JoAnne said...

Julie, I think I was at the guild pick up day when you got those leaves. Didn't recognize you! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Sherrill said...

You've truly been busy!!

Elaine Adair said...

Love, love, love that PIneapple Block!! Actually, everything to show us is always beautiful but I am partial to Pineapple designs. Your work is always lovely.

Elaine Adair said...

Love, love, love that PIneapple Block!! Actually, everything to show us is always beautiful but I am partial to Pineapple designs. Your work is always lovely.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Lots going on at your place. Great pineapple block!

Cathy said...

So many beautiful projects. I love all of them. I've made those zipper pouches for all the girls in the family for Christmas one. They go together so easily. Hugs

Kyle said...

You have been a super stitcher. Wonderful hearts and you have mastered the zipper pouch! The pineapple blocks are great. The colors are a fun collection.

swooze said...

Wow you have some amazing projects going!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Feels good to get that binding on a quilt and you have 2! The 23rd Psalm is my favorite! Hugs

---"Love" said...

What a treasure that 23rd Psalm is, and a wonderful remembrance of your friend. I really like your blue quilt. That second quilt has a lot of work in it; I'm sure you're glad to have it finished! The third quilt is pretty too. You get so much accomplished every week! Makes me feel ashamed. ---"Love"

Jennie in GA said...

Amazing progress....as usual๐Ÿ˜

audrey said...

Esp. love those hearts.:)

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Julie, there are a lot of finishes in your post, wonderful finishes. Congratulations, you must have a 48 hour day. Love the psalm, out pastor, many years ago, talked about the psalm for 4 weeks on Sundays. We recieved a lot of backround infomation and blessings.

Karen said...

The heart within a heart design is a good one. Very appealing. Would make a good gift for one of your heart patients.

Anonymous said...

่ฃธ่Š็›ดๆ’ญ้–“ , ่ฃธ่Š็›ดๆ’ญ้–“ , ่ฃธ่Š็›ดๆ’ญ้–“ , ่ฃธ่Š็›ดๆ’ญ้–“ , ่ฃธ่Š็›ดๆ’ญ้–“ , ่ฃธ่Š็›ดๆ’ญ้–“ , ่ฃธ่Š็›ดๆ’ญ้–“ , ่ฃธ่Š็›ดๆ’ญ้–“ , ่ฃธ่Š็›ดๆ’ญ้–“ , ่ฃธ่Š็›ดๆ’ญ้–“

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...