Thursday, February 11, 2021

And the forgotten quilt is a top!


And this little forlorn, forgotten quilt is now sewn together, into a quilt top!!  The pink is to add a pop of, well, pink!  LOL!
This quilt will never, ever lie flat.  My sashing, which I just made, is flat, but those blocks I made in the distant past?  Are all different sizes.  No consistent seam allowance, at all.  Does that put me off?  Not in the least, LOL!  I just love it!!  Lots of joy, here.  I am grateful I found it, and I am grateful that my skills are better now than then...grateful for a quarter inch sewing foot on my machine!  Grateful that I have improved on my quilting skills, at least a little bit.  Grateful for those tiny little bits of colorful fabric!!
I am so close on the mystery quilt, too.  This is the third sashing I have made...and this is it, I am telling you, for I am not making another set of sashings!  
All these mystery quilts look so different, depending on fabric placement.  I love them all!!
My favorite block, sewn into the Mrs. Lincoln's sampler quilt.

 Here is some primitive applique, all prepped to sew.  


So that is it for now, all!!!



I wish each of you a lovely day, full of productivity or rest, work or play...just hope it is good for you! Sometimes I think we just have to make up our minds that it is good, no matter what!



Julie

20 comments:

Julierose said...

Just beautiful finish--isn't that great that you found it and got it together!!
Your applique is so pretty, too. Nice work hugs, Julierose

Teresa said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love each of the quilts. I have started quilting a lone star that I worked so hard to avoid puffiness, but to no avail, I am dealing with it now as I hand quilt. I think it those daggum setin squares and triangles that gave me a problem, but nothing I can't live with.

Rose Marie said...

Wonderful, I'm so glad you persevered and finished your top!

Vicki W said...

The Forgotten Top turned out great and any wonkiness will quilt out easily. What a nice treasure to have found. Your mystery quilt is beautiful. I really love your color palette.




Janet O. said...

Your sashing and pink cornerstones really breathe life into those old scrap blocks you revived. Of course, you needed pink in there! :)
Your Grassy Creek is really pretty. Nice job on that.
You are so right in your closing statement. We have to go forward with a positive mindset--no matter what!

Cathy said...

I love your primitive blocks. I just finished the second one. Hugs

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I just love that pop of pink in the Forgotten Top!!!

Rebecca said...

I never make the "Mystery" quilt but love to see all the color ways as they are finished.

Sherrill said...

Now see, I would've just done plain jane ole sashing, not jazzed it up the way you did!! Always good to finish something and looks like you're well on your way to several somethings! YAY!

Jennie in GA said...

Do so love the way you have set together your forgotten blocks. Charming!!

Terry said...

Your forgotten quilt top is beautiful! Congratulations on getting it finished! :0)

Kyle said...

Your Forgotten Quilt will not be forgotten anymore. It will be a lovely reminder for you how youve grown as a quilter.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Nice achievements, lovely applique blocks and a finished top, and an almost finished top. Wow.

Elaine Adair said...

Once again, you have used your excellent color sense to enliven the "forgotten" quilt. It turned out wonderful! Mystery quilt - lively as well. I didn't play this time, but yours is teasing me, and close to an end. Have a great day!

Jane Dallmeyer said...

Both quilt tops are very striking. Nice to have projects and I like to be / stay positive everyday!!! I enjoy your blog so much. Thank you!!!

Susan said...

Two wonderful tops. I'm definitely going to make those blocks in the first one. =)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You can tame that top with some quilting. It turned out great! Sew pretty!

Lori said...

You are being very productive!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love your version of the mystery quilt... so happy looking!
And your wavy scrap quilt is wonderful too!

Chookyblue...... said...

Your forgotten quilt looks great.....

A finish

Hi everyone!  I have been kind of obsessed about finishing this jacket.  I used a lot of scraps!!!  Above you can see the large, angled patc...