Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Applique update! and an oopsie!

 Karen and I have been working on these large blocks, for our Farmhouse Sampler,  posting on the 15th of every month.  Here is our current block, number 4.  I think I will add yellow circles in the center of the pink flowers, as I have done with two other blocks shown.
The oopsie is...I cut this block one inch too short on one side, but stopped abut half way through when I realized my error!  Drats!!  I kind of knew I was going to do that, and darn if I DID IT!  So I carefully put steam a seam on it, and I will decide if I have the gumption to do another complete block, or repair it better.   I just growled when I saw what I did! It is a small thing, given the stuff we have going on in our world, so it is not worrying me too much.




Please see Karen's block, here!

https://karen-logcabinquilter.blogspot.com/2020/07/july-farm-house-sampler-update-and-more.html


Have a super day!

Julie

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Such a pretty block--with the steam-a-seam it will probably "quilt-out" ;)))
Hugs from afar, Julierose

Loris said...

Dang those distractions! Great idea to use the steam a seam. It will probably work well. Your blocks are looking big and beautiful!

Lori said...

I'm on the thought that once it is quilted you won't even notice!! Cute blocks too!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Love the idea of adding yellow centers to the flowers. I’ve managed to make the cutting mistake several times: your remedy will work great.

Janet O. said...

The yellow centers really give it a pop.
You must recall Lori having a similar oopsie recently. In the grand scheme of things (more specifically this quilt) I don't think it will be a deal breaker when it is all completed. Still going to be a lovely quilt.

Karen said...

Pretty pinks used for those flowers! I debated about adding flower centers but did not. I think they would look good, though.

About the cutting too short. I have done that myself Not on this project but others. I go ahead and add a bit larger piece where needed and then trim to size. Most of it ends up in seam allowance and usually is not noticeable. Especially once quilted. I just sew the needed strips on and not fuse them.

Jennie in GA said...

Very pretty. Agree that you should add yellow centers to tie the blocks together.

Limited Band said...

Greaat reading your post

A finish

Hi everyone!  I have been kind of obsessed about finishing this jacket.  I used a lot of scraps!!!  Above you can see the large, angled patc...