Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Exciting news...the very best news!!

 I was going through quilts to donate to patients, and came across this one.  It was a mystery quilt, made over 20 years ago, through my local quilt shop...which the shop no longer exists.  Isn't it funny how I had no idea how to construct this quilt, and picked such odd colors?  I think I just picked three fabrics and away I went!!  I like the quilt much better in the picture, rather than in real life!!
 A close up of the fabrics. A blue, a tone on tone brownish color, and a red/maroon Christmas fabric.  I don't think I will inflict this quilt on any poor patient, LOL!!
 So I am caught up on Blockheads 3, a free quilt along from Moda, and with fun blocks from lots of designers.  You can find all the blocks  HERE!
https://bearcreekquiltingcompany.com/moda-blockheads-iii-2020/

I had a tie ( the ruler fabric), from a bunch of strings I was gifted.  I dug it out, and made two pincushions from it.  Using it all up, folks!!!


I am such a product of the depression.  I did not live it, but my parents did, and they taught me "waste not, want not"...and I learned it well.  I often used things until they are just worn out!!  I feel that it is a good thing, in this throw away society in which we live.






**************************Are you ready for the news?  THE HUGE NEWS??********



I AM A GRANDMOTHER!  After many years of trying, my son and daughter in law have welcomed their baby boy into this world!!  Lara is totally the BOSS!!!  She labored 38 hours with this baby...38 HOURS!!  My son was with her all the way, every moment.  They are truly the perfect couple, and I am so grateful for them, and they have had many fun adventures and trips through the years, but now!  This is the biggest adventure of their lives.  We all adore our darling baby boy!




************************************************************************


I have really been a nervous wreck about the pregnancy, so please forgive me for not posting when I should on our group projects...I will get back to it.  Just enjoying these precious moments while I can!!




Please go see these blogs to see how these quilters are progressing!!


  The following quilters are participating.  We will be showing completed blocks on the 30th of each month!  Take the time to visit them to see their completed monthly blocks!


Karen – Log Cabin Quilter (Lead)


Cathy – Biglakequilter


Jennie  – Overthehillandrunning


Julie K –  Juliekquilts


Robin –   solsticestudio


Nanette – Doitrightquilter


Jan – Nanette will show her progress on her blog.  








Julie












Have a great day, all!!!



Julie

30 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations Grandma!!

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, I am sooooooooooooooo excited for you...what fun you will have, Congrats!!!

My husband and I had some lean years while he was in college and having five sons....so it has never let me. I will put water in the dish washing liquid to get all of it. My son thinks I am crazy because he caught me doing it one day at his house and said, mom there is another bottle under the sink. I said, oh well....this works great, gotta get it all. So yes, waste not want not.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Oh, yes, adventure lies ahead for all of you! Congratulations! I hope they live close enough that you'll be able to snuggle your new grand baby a lot!

Nancy said...

I was hoping your "very best news" would be a new baby. You rarely mention your family so I didn't know you had a grandbaby coming but what else could possibly be better news than the arrival of a grandbaby?! Congratulations to you and especially congratulations to your son and daughter-in-law and a hearty welcome to the baby! I hope they live nearby....

Suzanne said...

Grand babies and quilts- couldn’t get any better! Congratulations and enjoy those snuggles! Suzanne

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Being a Grandma is GREAT! I hope you are close to your new grandson. I like the quilt you showed. It looks nice in the photos.

Kyle said...

Congratulations on your new baby grandson. That is the happiness news.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Congratulations!

Terry said...

Congratulations to you all! :0)

Quilting Babcia said...

You're right, that is the very best news! So happy for all of you!

GO STARS! said...

Congrats on the new grand baby! That’s the greatest news! 38 hours is a loooong labor. I’m glad all is well. Enjoy your time with them!

Binsa said...

Congratulations to all so exciting Julie to be a grandma

Janet O. said...

Oh, that is the BEST news, Grandma Julie!! Congratulations all around!
And I have to tell you that quilt would not be an infliction to anyone. I am sure it would be welcome and appreciated!
My parents lived through the depression, too, but they came through it differently. They had both been very poor, and my Dad grew up very frugal and not tossing anything out that might be useful later. My Mom couldn't stand things piling up. She was not a proponent of the pack-rat mentality. After Dad passed, she kept all of his pictures and has them on display throughout the house, but dispersed his "stuff" among family as wanted, and sent the rest to a thrift store. Interesting how differently their experiences affected them.

Joyce Carter said...

Congratulations Julie. Having a grandchild is the best news of all. I hope you get to spend lots of time with him.Enjoy the hugs and kisses.

Cathy said...

Congratulations!!! The best experience I have ever had is being a grandmother. Hugs

Rose Marie said...

My word .... congrats! Does the baby have a quilt yet? LOL

Nann said...

Congratulations to the entire family! What exciting news. (But OMG...38 hours?!)
....As for your quilt: I like the mystery design. Maybe one reason it doesn't appeal so much is that it's all-the-same fabric rather than scrappy.

Loris said...

That really is the BEST news! Congratulations to the new parents and to the new Grand Parents :-)

Lori said...

That is wonderful news! I saw the photo on facebook and you are beaming!

I'd totally give that quilt to a patient! Someone will love it. I like it a lot and know that isn't your style any longer.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your family. Great news.

Sue SA said...

That quilt will be much loved by someone, everyone has different tastes, much better then sitting in your cupboard for another 20 years.
Congratulations to you and your son and daughter in law. Such wonderful news when its been a long and painful journey...only to have a long labour! I hope your granddaughter is a excellent sleeper and eater, fingers crossed, all the best.

Susan said...

Congratulations to all! What an exciting thing. A lovely boy, I'm sure (though you didn't show us!), but what an unusual name they selected! I think the quilt is fine. Donate it and let it help someone.

Chantal said...

Congratulations Grandma and to the new parents too. You are blessed. Enjoy! ;^)

Karen said...

Does your son and family live near you? What a joy to finally get that grandbaby!

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations Julie! That is wonderful news!
Hope baby and Mom and Grandmom are all doing well!
We share in your joy!

Jennie in GA said...

Congrats on your fabulous news! So happy for you and the parents. Enjoy.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

ohhh I love new babies!! Congrats - now lets see a bunch of baby quilts - ha ha!!

now that first quilt you posted - I don't think it would inflict pain on anyone!! While those may not be your favorite colors choices.. I think it turned out great!!

Karrin Hurd said...

Congratulations, grandchildren are the best!

Stephanie D said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! There is noting in the world like being a grandparent. The love is indescribable!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you, your son and daughter-in-law on the safe arrival of a lovely boy xx
Such fantastic news xxx

Sally

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...