Wednesday, February 12, 2020

I just love strings and scraps!

 I have been whirling away on these little blocks.  I must confess, leaders and enders, as suggested by Bonnie (cakes) Hunter; ( my pet name for Bonnie!), often take center stage and I am off to the races, instead of using them as true leaders and enders.
 I made some more of these blocks, for "Garden Party."
 I started these blocks, out of patriotic/plaid fabrics.  SQUIRREL!!!  Giggle!
 And!  And exciting piece of mail came today!  I received this quilt book, which I just love...but!
I also received this quilt from the author of the book, Diane Knott!!!  I kind of wheeled and dealed for this quilt...she was giving it to charity, along with a few more of her fun quilts, and I asked if I could purchase it instead, because I loved it, and she could put the money toward charity quilts!!  She graciously said yes!! I just love, love, love this quilt.

Diane has a wonderful website, HERE:  https://www.dianedknott.com/


Diane's book is very well written, vibrant and fun.  And her quilts are made from strips!  I love every single project in her book...so if you want one, just click on her website.




Have a quilting sort of day,


Julie





13 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Every time I try working with Leaders and Enders, they become my main project. 😁 Ooh, you’re tempting me to work with my tub of strings!

Barb said...

What a lovely quilt you purchased....love the blocks (quilts) you are working on...fun stuff there.

gayle said...

Looks like you've got plenty of things to keep you out of trouble! (Or get you into it... tough call!)
I enjoyed making Garden Party so much that every time I see one I want to start another! Have fun!

KaHolly said...

Aren’t you the clever one, figuring out how you could acquire that pretty quilt! Enjoy it, and your new book!

---"Love" said...

Your first two sets of blocks are so cute! It no wonder you wanted that quilt! It is just precious, and I'm sure you will enjoy the new "Scrap" book. ---"Love"

Diane said...

I’m so happy that you’re happy! And I know you will give the quilt a good home. Thanks for the kind words about my book, I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoy playing with it and the quilt!

Chantal said...

Your little Shoo Fly blocks are so cute. I want to make a Garden Party quilt too. One day! Ha!
Hope you enjoy your new book while you're all wrapped up in your new quilt, ;^)

Kyle said...

You're going to have a lot more fun with your scraps and strings now. Your new quilt is so bright and cheerful. Lucky you!!

Janet O. said...

Bonnie Cakes--that is a hoot, Julie! I'll bet she loves it. :)
You always have so many wonderful scrap creations in the works.
And what a great quilt you bought from Diane. I wish I had your magic touch. I have tried to purchase a quilt from a blog friend that she was donating to a charity, but I wasn't smart enough to suggest the money from the sale could go toward more charity quilts. Very wise of you.

Lori said...

You always have some cute projects going!
Lucky you got that quilt from Diane! She is so creative!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh what fun projects - and the quilt!! Beautiful!! I love it! Glad you have it to snuggle with!

Jennie in GA said...

Love the quilt by Dianne. I was fortunate to meet her and hear her speak at a guild meeting a couple of years back.

Unknown said...

Strange "water hack" burns 2lbs overnight

More than 160 thousand women and men are trying a simple and SECRET "liquid hack" to lose 1-2lbs every night in their sleep.

It's very easy and works every time.

Here's how you can do it yourself:

1) Get a glass and fill it half full

2) Now use this amazing hack

and become 1-2lbs skinnier in the morning!

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...