Monday, February 3, 2020

Monday musing and sewing!





 It is almost Valentine's Day.  This is my dining room table, with my little heart I recently made, a pillow I embroidered years ago, and a little floral pillow, that I have no recollection of making, but I must have, for here it is.   Lyn gave me the wonderful table runner underneath...I love it!
 I did complete my three mug rugs for February, and they are in the mail to my sisters.
 I made a few more of these blocks, which I entirely adore making!!!
 And these too...just like chips, they are hard to make just one (or eat, as with the chips, eating just one)!
 A lady at the quilt guild tossed these tiny plaid pieces on the "free" table.  I loved them immediately, and wow!  There are a ton of pieces cut like this.  I made a little Dresden plate out of a few, and this unknown quilter had already sewn a string together, maybe for a border?
I love them!!  A zillion at least!!



Hugs to all,


Julie

13 comments:

Janet O. said...

As I placed my Valentine quilts and decor over the weekend I thought of you, Julie. Hearts, and pink, and flowers are so "you"! Lovely little display you have on your table, and I'll bet your sister's will love their mug rugs!
Very happy blocks you have been making.
How small does that Dresden finish? I love all those plaids and I think the Dresden is a great way to use them.

julieQ said...

Janet, these little Dresdens finish about 5 inches across.

Robin said...

Your post reminded me that I need to get my Valentine's decoration out. Although it feels more like it's still January with the snow just coming down. We have 5 inches so far and it's still coming. I love your mug rugs for February - so cute. I've got to make myself some more little stuffed hearts. I keep thinking I'm going to fill my 3-tiered tray with them and in the last 3 years I have only made 2 hearts. Hopeless. . . The plaid dresdens are so cute. I'm so glad these cast offs are being made into something fun and useful. I hate to see things just tossed aside. But, I also understand when a project is no longer wanted. sigh~ Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The little Dresden plates are adorable! You are going to have fun playing with the bag of scraps.

---"Love" said...

What fun you've had playing with all your scraps! All those little blocks are so cute!
You reminded me to dig out the heart table topper my DIL made for me a couple of years ago! I think it is buried under the Christmas quilts in the cedar chest! It will have to stay there until tomorrow! ---"Love"

Randy D. said...

The hearts are adorable!
And all those plaids/ What will you do?? I'm sure you'll find quite a few ideas.
You're SO productive!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Fun in the scraps... I also enjoy playing with the Shoo Fly blocks!
Those are amazing plaids...what a generous gift from an anonymous quilter!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your Valentine touches are just precious; always a treat to peek over your shoulder and see what you're working on. Oh! those plaids!! :)

Barb said...

YOu just reminded me that I need to get out my valentine stuff...love yours

Jeanne said...

Such cute mug rugs! Love all of your blocks, too.

Karen said...

My favorite is the redwork rose in the middle of the heart shape. I love roses.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like the Dresden plate block. That could be a cute border to go with it.

Jennie in GA said...

You have such vision when it comes to scraps! That’s a sweet valentine vignette.

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...