Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Mystery step three, and some other goodies!

 I have been steadily hand quilting on my "America" quilt each evening, and I am almost finished!!  All those tiny minutes add up to a lot of quilting done.  So?  Next up is this quilt.  I am hand quilting it too, and got it layered with backing this morning.
 Lori of Humble Quilts had a quilt along, of strings, for this year.  I love strings...those most humble of cotton pieces, tiny and thrown away by some, but cherished by others.    I love this bright feeling quilt!!!  More of them to come!!!
 I am keeping up with the Quiltville mystery quilt...that is fun!!!  On we go...are you doing this?
I guess this was a poor background for this photo, but I made a button string last night.
Included are the many buttons saved from plaid shirts from the thrift store, and also, some old, old buttons...some I believe to be ivory, some celluloid, some glass/porcelain, some just plain plastic.  It was very fun to make...I used my mom's buttons and mine to make it.






Have a great day!  Hope your holiday plans are going just as you like them!





Julie

17 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

The button string is so cute! I have a bunch of buttons from the shirts I cut up and maybe after the quilt is done, I will think of what to do with the buttons.

Barb said...

The first quilt is fabulous....I just might have to make one like it. I need another project like a hole in the head.

Love the buttons.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Yes! I've done button strings and they're so cute! I love you BOM work as well as your progress on BH's Mystery. Thanks for sharing and keeping me motivated.

Julierose said...

I do love strippy quilts--yours is so lovely..I like how you sashed it hugs, Julierose

Kyle said...

What a wonderful string of buttons. It seems like a great way to keep a collection together. Love your string quilt made with all those happy fabrics.

Tired Teacher said...

How clever to make a button string! I should do something with the jars of buttons I have. Your string quilt is lovely, bright, and cheerful.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love the string quilt and your button quilt! Have a great week - Hugs PS - guess Dear Jane is not going to get started this year! LOL

Jennie in GA said...

Lots of fun projects going on at your house. You are so motivated!!

Susan said...

I like your button string. I have one I wear as a necklace. My best friend made it and I love wearing it! I made a couple of string quilts this year, and they are out the door and I don't even think I took pictures, but yours is just so much prettier! =)

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh yes... I am sewing along with the mystery too... even though I am way too busy at this time of year to be doing this new project,
I just love it!
So glad you are enjoying your hand quilting!

Sharon said...

Love LOVE your strings. Catching up on blogs and you have been busy. I am following BH Mystery from the sidelines and if I love the finished pattern, I might give it a shot in 2020. Her patterns are great stash busters! Merry Christmas to you and all you fellow nurses, who ROCK!

Elaine Adair said...

I gasped at the lovely scrappy string pink quilt - it is always amazing when an "ordinary" string quilt turns out absolutely stunning! Wish I had made it - gotta admit. Your sense of color is always wonderful.

Merry Christmas

Lori said...

What a fun pink quilt!!
Love the button quilt too.

Chantal said...

Love your happy string quilt. ♥ A button string!? What do you do with a button string? I've never seen a button string before. It looks nice though. Love the little mini underneath. ;^)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I like the next one to quilt!!! It is so pretty!

Dolly said...

I really like the looks of this string quilt. Just wondering, did you turn the two blocks on the right side of the bottom row that way on purpose, or is that an oopsy?

monogram digitizing said...

This article is very informative I've read this article for improving my embroidery skill and it's really worth it thanks for posting.

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...