Monday, December 30, 2019

Mrs. Lincoln's sampler quilt!

 It is the 30th!  So, it is time to post my progress, along with the following quilters, on our projects in the works.  I am working on Mrs. Lincoln's Sampler Quilt, pattern by Lori Smith.  I am enlarging the blocks to 10 inches, from the original five inches, so I can make a bigger quilt.  The bottom two blocks are my work of the past month.
 I had originally made the red pieced block...yuck! Very muddy looking!   I changed the red for pink, and the cream for white...much cleaner looking!!  So on I go.  Never fear, though...that red block will look great in another quilt, someday.






  The following quilters are participating.  We will be showing completed blocks on the 30th of each month!  Take the time to visit them to see their completed monthly blocks!

Karen – Log Cabin Quilter (Lead)

Cathy – Biglakequilter

Jennie  – Overthehillandrunning

Julie K –  Juliekquilts

Robin –   solsticestudio

Nanette – Doitrightquilter

Jan – Nanette will show her progress on her blog.  





 I made this quilt for a friend's grandchild, so it is very special!...the pattern is here:


https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/pineapple-blossom.html
https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/pineapple-blossom.html


I cleaned my kitchen, and found this tiny quilt in the pot holder drawer, way in the back.  It was made by me, very early in my quilting career.  Maybe 1988. It has polyester batting, and has a melted place on the bottom, from being used as a pot holder.  I quilted only that little heart in the middle square!  I guess I thought that was enough quilting...LOL!!!  I think I will quilt a little more on this old thing.






Have a great day, each of you!




Julie

11 comments:

Lori said...

Nice to have a big group sewing along! Love your blocks!!

Cathy said...

I love your Mrs. Lincoln's block. With just one leaf on each stem it looks like the block is spinning...which I love. Hugs

Loris said...

The Pineapple Blossom is beautiful! Happy New Year, Julie! The start of a new decade too :-)

Tired Teacher said...

What an adorable baby quilt! I love the fabrics and colors. The hot pad is sweet: when I look at my older quilt projects, I marvel at how my skills have improved.

Janet O. said...

Beautiful blocks you have created, and I have no doubt you will find a place for the red block. "No blocks left behind." :)
Lovely baby quilt, Julie!
And what a sweet find in your potholder drawer. I have planned to add more quilting to a couple of my earlier projects, but so far it hasn't happened.

Robin said...

You are making great progress. I like the red block but I like the pink one better with a lighter background.

Kyle said...

Another batch of beautiful blocks. I can see changing the cream to white to play better with the others. Sweet quilt for the new baby. It's very cute. How funny that you rediscovered your "vintage" potholder.

Binsa said...

Love the change in colour Julie you were right the red was too muddy the pink just right.Such a lovely baby quilt.Julie you are so productive don’t know how you do it hugs lyn

Karen said...

More good Mrs Lincoln blocks! I don't think my friend worked on hers the last few weeks. I still wish I had time to make a second one of those quilts in different fabrics. I so enjoyed the stitching.
Happy, happy New Year to you and your husband!

AnnieO said...

Sweet blocks you're making! Love Pineapple Blossom pattern of Bonnie's. How cute to find your early stitching!

Susan said...

Your Mrs. Lincoln quilt is coming along nicely. I'll be starting mine this month!

A finish

Hi everyone!  I have been kind of obsessed about finishing this jacket.  I used a lot of scraps!!!  Above you can see the large, angled patc...