Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Dearest Boy, edging closer!

 Karen, Cathy, Carole and I have been working on this quilt, "Dearest Boy" for a couple years now.  We are all at different stages of completion, and here is where I am.  I sewed the blocks into nine sections, and will finish the remaining applique, and the missing block, LOL, as I go along, then sew all the sections together.  There is a fun applique border to the pattern too, and I am considering what to do for that.   Karen did her border a little different, and I love hers!  I think Cathy is working on her border and I know I will love hers too!  Click on their names to see their quilts.

I will add something else to the Baby block square, as I feel the applique is too sparse.  I trimmed one block too small and had to add a bitty border.  I pieced one block incorrectly (too small) and it got a border on it, too. I have learned a lot, and my applique skills are getting better!!

Altogether, I have enjoyed sewing with my friends immensely, and the uniqueness of the blocks was great fun to work with.
I just like this block for some reason!!  Scrappy and fun!
I love that goose...she has attitude, baby!!  LOL!!  and the wreath with the heart in the middle.
I just really like this vase and flowers too.



So I am just delighted to have gotten to sew along on this project!  I have more work to do, but am edging closer to a finish.


I will be sewing along with this group again...but doing a little different project than most are doing.  But I love the process and learning that goes along with a sew-along, so here I go again...stay tuned!!





Hugs to all!!


Julie

11 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, Julie. You are getting so close. And your quilt looks so good. I agree with you about the one block could use a little something extra. Even though I agree, I did not add anything to mine. Unique blocks and unique challenges!

Tired Teacher said...

You've done an great job on the blocks. This is going to be an amazing quilt.

Chantal said...

Wow! I'm sure you can see the finish line from where you are. It is so beautiful! Great job. Enjoy the last quarter mile and the home stretch. ;^)

Loris said...

Such a beautiful and fun journey! This looks lovely :-)

Cathy said...

Oh Julie your blocks are so beautiful. I have had so much fun sewing with you even though we have never met in person. Hugs

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Another great ‘almost’ finish Julie! Great work!

Lori said...

What a fantastic quilt and you are so close to completion!!
I love doing group quilts! Especially because I do not have a guild or group in my town.

audrey said...

It's a wonderful looking quilt! So much to enjoy about the different but very sweet blocks. Kudos to you for sticking with it! Almost done!!

---"Love" said...

There's a lot of work in each one of those blocks, and you've done so very well on each block! Looking forward to seeing your finish of the quilt! ---"Love"

FancyNancyQuults said...

Julie, such a lovely pattern. Can you tell me where you got it.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to see the progress on "Dearest Boy"! Each of you brings a unique touch to the quilt, and I can't wait to see the finished pieces. The applique border sounds like a fun challenge, especially with the different approaches Karen and Cathy are taking. Thanks for sharing this journey with us! Perhaps an innovative app like App on Radar could offer inspiration for your border designs.

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...