Sunday, September 15, 2019

Dear Jane update



I finished a row!  I thought I had 6 rows together already, but I had five...but now I have six!!   On our Dear Jane project!  I can sort of see the "trip around the world" look that shines in the original Dear Jane quilt.  The pinks show up...yahoo!
These are my two latest blocks.  I finished the hand applique of the top block, and pieced the little bottom block today.  On we go!  And speaking of that....

Annie sent me these pictures to show!!  Wow...how pretty, don't you think?  Here are Annie's words:

Hi Julie,
Boy, two of these were challenging!  The blue one was prone to stretching so points didn’t match easily.  Think I handled it too much.  The red one was a case of pure brain block.  For some reason I just could not get the design right.  Last night, when I was having trouble sleeping, it suddenly dawned on me to sew strips in opposite colorways, cut them into right angle triangles and sew them together.  No problem!  Embarrassed to admit I made this block twice before I had the 0300 “ah-ha” moment!  Wonder if Jane had occasions of brain freeze, or if her mathematical mind instantly resolved challenges.  Very satisfying to get these done!  Hope everyone else is having a pleasant time with their blocks.  Haven’t even looked at the next blocks.  Take care,  Annie



I think Annie's blocks are just perfect!



Thank you everyone for encouraging us all on our journey!!



Binsa:  https://cobblestonebridgequiltsnthings.blogspot.com/
Lcrrkhs:  http://lcrrkhs.blogspot.com/   Kathleen
Carole:  http://wheelsonthewarrandytebus.blogspot.com/


And Annie, who does not have a blog at this time.




And see this blog...it has lots of information about how to make the blocks!
https://thatquilt.blogspot.com/




Julie

14 comments:

---"Love" said...

I so admire your determination to make these blocks; your quilt will be such a treasure to you and your heirs someday! So will Annie's. Both of you are doing excellent piecing on those little blocks! I couldn't do it at all. You are really coming along with yours. It is fun just seeing your blocks, and especially when you get to add a full row. Just keep at it! ---"Love"

Tired Teacher said...

Congratulations for completing your sixth row! It looks fabulous.

Kyle said...

One more row closer. It's looking amazing.

Janet O. said...

You are making great progress, Julie. I am very impressed. This is a quilt that I have always thought I would make and only recently gave up the dream (too much applique). I admire those that forge ahead and actually do it.
Fun to see Annie's blocks and hear her thought processes, too.

Chantal said...

Way to go, Julie! Just like Jane, you will get there, one block at a time.
Annie, awesome job too. ;^)

Karen said...

One bite at a time and you will get it all done!

KaHolly said...

Your six rows are drool worthy! Ann’s blocks look great, too! I think we all have those aha moments....eventually....sometimes even in time to fix what’s being difficult! Enjoy your day, my dear!

Lori said...

Your Stickle quilt is coming along nicely and looking fantastic!!

Jennie in GA said...

Good progress!! And Annie’s blocks are really nice, too

Quilter Kathy said...

Your blocks look amazing laid out on the floor... great job!

audrey said...

Amazing! This is such an incredible quilt. I was very tempted to start one years ago and then returned to sanity. Don't think I would have the follow through! Will be rooting for you.:)

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Congrats Julie - maybe next year for me! Your quilt is going to be beautiful and you are so dedicated!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great work on Dear Jane, both you and Annie!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Wow Julie you've made such great progress! Love seing yours and Annie's blocks. I'm afraid I havent made any further progress my main focus is back onto Dearest Lavender.

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...