Sunday, May 27, 2018

Applique!

I recently completed the fifth block for Linda Brannock's "Flowers" quilt.  I added the striped hearts, inside the pink hearts.  I like the little yellow circles...they pop out there!! It always kind of surprises me what I come up with, from the scraps, as I never really have a cogent plan, LOL! The leaves were a challenge, but I hope I am getting a little better with every applique piece I attempt.  The journey is where it is at for me...how about you?  Is it really all about perfection at the end, or is it a fun effort along the way for you? Is it the creativity, or the fabric, or the actual sewing?



Have a super day!  Happy Memorial Day weekend..."All gave some...some gave all."  I honor each of those brave soldiers who lost their life, and gave the ultimate sacrifice, for my freedom!!




Julie

8 comments:

CRSelf said...

Here! Here!

Lori said...

That block is very cute!

Chantal said...

Love your applique. You're doing great work.
For me, it's really not about perfection. It's about the journey, the fun, the growing, the lessons, the patience and of course, the fabric. Mmmm! Fabric. Enjoy! ;^)

Cathy said...

Beautiful block. I love the stripe fabric. Hugs, Cathy

Little Penpen said...

Mine will never be about perfection, but I do always strive to make it a little better each time. Your new applique block is pretty, I love the yellow pops, too!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Love all the combinations on the applique block. I don't make quilts for the end product - it is all about the process too, especially the planning, the deciding, the making, and the surprises that result. Will it look like planned, or better, or worse?

Kyle said...

Super cute block!

julieQ said...

HI y'all! I am so sorry I am not able to comment back via e-mail, due to the blogger snafu. Just want to tell everyone thank you for your kind comments and support...hopefully this will be all fixed soon!!

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...