Sunday, April 22, 2018

Working on my list...or not?

 Some years ago, I made this "Sister's Choice" quilt.  I still love it, and the scrappy border.  These are made from 2.5 inch strips and squares.  I made a tiny one from 1 inch pieces, but it is gone...I think I gave it away.  The pattern is right here, on Bonnie's site:

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/sisters-choice.html

 I need to make one from 2 inch pieces!!!  That would be super fun and scrappy, and also help with my goal of using up every scrap of fabric I have!!
I made a scrappy happy houses quilt, back in the day, as well.  I had a hot pink piece of fabric, and it became the backing.   This one is a Bonnie Hunter pattern, also.  My darling son used to tease me and say I was in the "Bonnie Hunter quilting cult"...hahaha!!  Now that is my kinda group, LOL!!!!


I am off to plan meals for the week, grocery shop, and clean a little bit.  And hopefully sew some too!!



Have a super day, each of you!





Julie







15 comments:

Lori said...

Yep! She definitely has a cult following! LOL Look at the terrific quilts and we know why!!
Have a great day!

Quilting Babcia said...

Yes, I feel myself being slowly sucked down that same rabbithole, lol!

AnnieO said...

Two of my favorite Bonnie patterns! I'll be in the cult with you :) I have made a few of the Happy Scrappy Houses but they are sadly not in a quilt yet. Enjoy!

Tired Teacher said...

I've made a few of her patterns and love the tips she shares, too.

Little Penpen said...

I've never made a Bonnie quilt, but she seems to be a fun person to follow!

---"Love" said...

Very pretty! I too love the scrappy border! ---"Love"

Kyle said...

Thank you for sharing some of your lovely quilts. It's fun to see what we've worked on in the past.

Ivani said...

They are beautiful!!!

Kaja said...

What lovely quilts - I can see why you like her. I think there's more than a few of us who would sign up for a quilting cult.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your sisters choice is really pretty!

Janet O. said...

Sisters Choice is on my bucket list. Yours is beautiful, Julie. You are so good at making scrap quilts, and you make them in abundance.
I saw one of Bonnie's books online over 7 years ago and I ordered it. When it came I saw the info in it about her blog and that is how I came to start following her blog, which led to others (including yours). After a few months of following, I jumped in with both feet and started my own blog.
I've made a few of her patterns, but haven't got any of them quilted yet. :)

Chookyblue...... said...

love the top one especially........

cocoya said...

Yes, I feel myself being slowly sucked down that same rabbithole, lol!
ทางเข้า D2BET

Karen said...

The hot pink backing....oooh la la!

الصفوة جروب said...

___فضل شركة تنظيف بالقطيف تقدم خدمات نظافة متكاملة علي اعلي مستوي بدقة وجودة ومواصفات قياسية واسعار تنافسية فتعد الشركة الاولي بالقطيف لتقديم خدماتالتنظيف بجودة وسعر مثالييينفهي خير مثال لراغبي الحصول علي نظافة شاملة مع التعقيم وباسعار مناسبة

شركة تنظيف بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف منازل بالقطيف

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالقطيف
شركة شفط بيارات بالقطيف

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...