Wednesday, April 25, 2018

The new schedule is working for me!

 I had a night of not sleeping, so I decided to celebrate it and sew, sew, sew!!  It was fun!  The flying geese are cut off parts of blocks I am making, so instead of tossing them, I am making tiny flying geese.  So quiet...only the raccoons rattling their supper pans in the back yard.  We have four different raccoons that come and visit now.  One has been dreadfully injured, and is missing his beautiful "coon tail", and limps on his right back leg.  I always make sure he has a bite of dog food to crunch on, poor baby!!  Coons, possums, foxes, cats; they all come in the twilight and I love watching them, sometimes eating together.  They are not particularly scared of me, and I guess I am a member of the tribe, now.
I am working on this block...isn't that a pitiful piece of background?  Don't worry...it will be pressed and pretty and trimmed before you know it!  Just keeping it real, friends, LOL!!



I am loving working the same days, every week. It has helped me tremendously with not only rest, but housework and sewing and just everything.  I am grateful, and hope it lasts, LOL!!



Have a super day!!

Julie

13 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Love the flying geese 'trail'. I'm best with a schedule. I don't work well without a 'regular' time frame.

Anonymous said...

I had a job where we worked different hours, different days every week. I couldn't handle it and had to bid off that job within months of getting it. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new work schedule. I love the trailing flying geese. Nice job on that. Thanks for sharing.

Janet O. said...

Those geese are just swooping in on that star block. Lovely. :)
Good job keeping it real, Julie. I could keep it real by showing you my sewing room right now, but I don’t know that anyone wants it that real!!
I am glad your consistent schedule is blessing your life.

Loris said...

I love flying geese :-) That does sound like a fun way to spend the night. I might try that myself! I'm so glad to hear you've been able to enjoy a schedule that works for you. It sure makes a big difference in the scheme of things. And your quilting progress shows it :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

Hope the new schedule works and stays for you ......

Tired Teacher said...

Your new schedule sounds heavenly, and I'm glad you've been able to adapt without too much trouble. Love the flying geese!

Raccoons are fun to watch.

Quilting Babcia said...

So glad your new schedule is so much better for you. It boosts the spirit so much to have that quiet peaceful time to create and be a part of nature. Your neighborhood critters are lucky to have a provider for their needs.

audrey said...

Ooh, love that applique block!

Sherrill said...

Dontcha hate that when you can't sleep? Obviously you don't but I hate it. You make good use of your sleeplessness. UGH! You feed those horrible possums? Those sharp little teeth and so ugly!

Randy D. said...

OMG. Those geese look like a LOT of work!!

cocoya said...

Hope the new schedule works and stays for you ......


สมัคร D2BET

Little Penpen said...

That's awesome that you can celebrate not sleeping by sewing. lol Pretty geese. I love that you feed the critters!

Karen said...

I hope your sleep pattern is back to normal by now. I have had a lot of nights of late where sleep alludes me until 3 or 4 am.

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...