Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Neutrality, and purple and green!

 Just a wee bit of progress of the neutral string quilt.  I am putting just about anything that is in my neutral strings into this, and will probably use them all up.  These blocks are surprisingly labor intensive! Each string is a different size, and must be squared up and measured...each one!  Wheww!!

I made up my own pattern for the purple and green block for two weeks ago...these are for the Moda Blockheads quilt along.  Because...
The block to be done was this one!  It is really not amenable to purple and green as a colorway...so I made this block in patriotic colors as shown and made up my own pattern for a block to make up for it.  This is hand needle turn applique.  I am loving it!!




I hope each of you has an amazing day!!!

Julie

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

stunning work Julie,well done xx

Nancy said...

Your neutral blocks are lovely and I especially like your flags. I haven't been doing Blockheads but have been saving the patterns I think I might want to make in the future, like those flags.

---"Love" said...

Your flags look great! I haven't even chosen my fabrics yet; I just don't enjoy the applique that much, but I will get it done soon. Your other blocks are very pretty too. ---"Love"

Janet O. said...

Nice, soft neutral blocks. Any applique planned on them, or will they stand on their own?
Really creative substitute block. Will you make the flag block into a little quilt?

Leeanne said...

Looking good my long distance friend...........lovely 'low volume' blocks....keep up the good work.

Karen said...

I saw your flag block header picture first thing. Perfect for this time of year.
Your neutrals are being put to good use. Are you getting tired of all your strings?

Little Penpen said...

Whew! the neutral is going to be beautiful, but lots of work! Love it! Purple and green has always been a fav color combination for me. And your flags are wonderful... love it as your header!

Lori said...

Darling blocks as usual! Love the new header photo!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love your flags, and the green block.

audrey said...

Loving those neutral string blocks! It's going to be a wonderful quilt, that's already evident.:)

Kyle said...

It's amazing how lovely a low volumn, neutral can be. You don't need big bold colors to achieve something exciting.

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...