Sunday, June 26, 2016

Lunacy, I tell ya!!! Log cabin lunacy!!

 Ladies and gents...I am on a roll!!  Making log cabin blocks...a LOT of them!  Using 1 1/4 inch strips (why?  Because I can slice 2.5 inch strips, like from a leftover jelly roll, in half, and use them up!)  Any color will do!!
 Boy, those hot pink strips sure stand out...I will have to make sure they are really mixed in well, into the quilt soup!
 Here is a tiny, child sized chair...and that is how many log cabin blocks I have made so far!  Whoop!!

And I just had to make a Cherry pie...with a tiny lattice crust.  Yummy!!




Hope each of you is having a wonderful day!!

Julie

16 comments:

Leeanne said...

I LOVE your little cabins!

Kyle said...

You're going crazy! Wow!

Lesley said...

Your blocks are looking lovely! And so does that pie!

nestki said...

I like the pink strips!

Binsa said...

Hi Julie you are on a log cabin roll regards Lyn

Lisa England said...

Crazy or not, it looks great!

Chookyblue...... said...

Those blocks look great.....

Libby in TN said...

Log Cabin in such a versatile pattern. Will enjoy seeing how you set it and the pink will make it sparkle, for sure. Are you using a paper foundation?

Little Penpen said...

That pie looks wonderful! And those log cabin blocks........ gorgeous. I love that pop of pink in there!

Chantal said...

OH! My! I think you've got cabin fever, lol. How big are the blocks? You have a wonderful quilt in the making. Enjoy the process! ;^)

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my goodness my mouth is watering over that cherry pie!
And those blocks are just scrappalicious too!

Missy Shay said...

Your blocks are looking great!

Mary Ann said...

Been looking at all my leftovers (a LARGE pile) and the leftovers I was gifted and I decided to Follow Bonnie Hunter's lead: I am making pineapple blocks with my creative ruler as leader/enders. Have 4 blocks made so far at 8 inches. I will turn them into a charity quilt and donate though my MQG. Mary Ann

Vic in NH said...

Love your little pretties but the log cabin is fabulous!

gayle said...

Great call on the splitting 2.5" strips! Your blocks are fabulous! (And I wish I'd thought of it!)

Karen said...

The pie looks oh so delicious. Makes me want a big slice right now.

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...