Friday, July 3, 2015

Turning Twenty Mystery Quilt!!

 Have you ever used your cookie sheets in this way?  I am trying to clean out every drawer and nook and stashed place...using up my scraps!!  I love this, by the way...love scraps the best of anything!

This time, I am concentrating on my 2 1/2 strip drawer.  I faithfully cut my leftovers and put them into respective sized drawers...but this particular drawer was getting pretty full!  So I decided to make some bright, funky churn dash blocks.  I have seen these paired with log cabin blocks, and it makes a gorgeous quilt!!

The drawer looks much better now, LOL!!
SNEAK PEEK!! I am making blocks for the Turning Twenty mystery quilt!!  It was going to start on the first of July, but Tricia decided to have the free patterns come out on the First and Third Mondays of the month, just for ease of remembering for all of us.  SO ON MONDAY, STAY TUNED!!!  Above is a blurred-on-purpose sneakity peekity!!  Oh, you will love this quilt, friends...


To see Tricia's blog go HERE.

To see her website, go HERE.

You can still sign up for this free BOM...hurry, hurry!!  Just go to the website and click on the "Register" tab.


DID YOU SEE ALL THE COOL QUILTS FROM LAST POST,  FOR THE BINDING BLITZ???  Magnificent!!!  I am so delighted to see all your amazing work!!!  The drawing will be late on the fifth for the winner.





***********************************Nurse's notes***************************


The patient survived a 13 hour surgery.  But...his kidneys did not.  Poor fellow had to be started on dialysis...and the depression is about doing him in.  Poor guy!!  I just gave him a big hug this morning...he says he does not want to be dependent on the dialysis machine.  He wants to travel, and go out with his friends...and just be independent.

He felt some better, however, after a sweet visit from his wife, a cup of yummy coffee and the paper.  Just ordinary things, but it made him feel more in control...just doing every day things.

The lesson??  Do it now, folks.  Whatever it is you dream of...do it now!!!  Later...may never come. So live right now, in this moment!!!



***********************************************************************



Have a great day, all!!

Julie




11 comments:

Sherrill said...

AMEN, Julie! I can attest to that! Had way more things planned to do with DH, places to go, things to see. He was always up for anything I wanted to do. Next month will be 3 years and I still miss him something awful. No one to just jump in the car and go with. :-(

Missy Shay said...

I have three quilts to bind this month!

Janet O. said...

You are setting a good example for the rest of us to dig out the forgotten projects and get them finished!
Always hard to face the changes in health that life hands us. Life can still be good, even when our dreams have to be revamped. : )

Gina said...

an't wait for the mystery quilt to begin. I love the sneaky pic of it

Susan said...

I am behind on my Temecula Summer Project but you caught me again with the Turning Twenty Mystery.........

Looking forward to Monday when I can start yet another project...........

Vic in NH said...

The churn dashes scraps are great fun; you go girl!! Although I missed the mark for a binding finish for June, I am starting to cut the binding for my July entry. Your binding blitz is a fabulous linky party!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I have never used a cookie sheet that way, but I will now! ;-)

Chantal said...

Yes, M'am life can be very short and NOW is always the best time to act. In the whole world, you are the only person who can use your abilities, so go for it!! Have a great day Julie. Stay safe. ;^)

Tired Teacher said...

My BIL recently came to the same conclusion after a health scare. He is a workaholic, but I'm sure that is going to change when he gets back to his routine. Have you ever read the book The Precious Present? It's a quick read but has a powerful message. I recommend it.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I have several old 'lunch trays' that I use. Got them at a thrift store (of course).

Loretta said...

The "just do it now" lesson is resonating with me right now. I've had lots of cancer diagnoses and death amongst friends lately. :( It has made me stop and think of all I still want to get done in my life and has worked as a reminder to "just do it now". We are not promised a "tomorrow".

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...