Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy Fourth!!

 Happy Fourth of July!!!  Here is my old stand-by table runner, made from scraps, from the Orca Bay Bonnie Hunter quilt.  Just pieces and parts!
 This is the only one of this series of small decorative quilts that I finished...what's up with that?!
 And on my wall...a flag!!  All made some years ago, but I still decorate with them, each year.  Happy Birthday, America!!
 A few straggling flowers, blooming in this heat.
 And a sweet pepper, growing and growing!!
 Star gazer lilies are blurry, but oh, so pretty in real life.
And my poor tomato is struggling in the heat, but still putting on tiny tomatoes.


I worked half of the day, and now I am home, and fixin' to make Turkey burgers, coleslaw and potato salad!!  Happy Fourth to everyone!!!




Have a wonderful day!

*********************Nurse's Notes*******************


Hey, the guy from yesterday's post?  Much better today!!!  Hurrah!!




Julie

11 comments:

Janet O. said...

Nice R/W/B quilts, Julie. Especially love the stitchery one.
I will enjoy the view of your garden, since I never got mine planted this year.

KaHolly said...

Very festive. Happy fourth to you!

Angie said...

Happy 4th of July, Julie :)

Teresa in Music City said...

What a lovely parade of patriotic quilts Julie!!! Hope you and your family have a wonderful 4th!!!

Tired Teacher said...

Good to hear that the gentleman is doing better today.

Love all your patriotic goodies!

Kyle said...

Your pieces and parts always make great quilts. You've got a great talent for being able to do that.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Perfectly patriotic quilts and decor; happy fourth to you and yours!

Karen said...

I have some of those Kathy Schmitz designs that your flag piece is from and have not done a one of them. At least you did one of them.

Lori said...

Love your r/w/b but esp that embroidery!
My plants are struggling in the heat too.... day after day....

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Julie,
cute 4th of July decorations. Happy projects for a happy day.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Tami C said...

Love your Independence Day quilts Julie! I hope that some day I'll be able to decorate our home with quilts that I made!

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...