Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Sometimes life is just like that, isn't it!!?

 Well, this is it, folks. The best I can do.  The blue is much more blue in the picture than it actually is, but it is done.  That is IT!  I looked and looked through what fabric I had to work with, and this is the best I have.  I found on the net that blue and cheddar compliment each other, so I went for it!
 The blue does brings out the bright blues in the flying geese, and makes the other colors a little brighter too.  I learned that I really love appliquing these simple leaves, so watch for more of that kind of quilting coming up.
I wanted a six inch border, and cut for that, only to find that the fabric was already cut into (a little self sabotage)...so I was short.  Grrr....so I made 3 inch borders.  And I am calling it good!!  and I do like it....much better than the brown of last post.  I have learned a lot...you said to me, " lay it aside and look at it awhile.  Figure out what you really want!"  Thank you, each of you, for your sage and good advice.  Some liked it, some did not, but I learned from each one of you and so appreciate your frank, honest opinions!

Isn't life kind of like that?  We plan as kids what we are going to do...and life happens anyway, and I doubt many of us have done everything just like we planned.  But it is good anyway!!  


I wish each of you a wonderful day!

Julie

34 comments:

AnnieO said...

The blue sings louder than the brown! Glad you found a good option in your stash--it looks great!

Nancy said...

It's lovely and has such a different look than the brown - good choice.

Mama Joan said...

So, so pretty. With either border!

Vicki W said...

Yes, that's good!

Lesley said...

Excellent choices for the borders. Gorgeous quilt, especially with that applique!

Quiltdivajulie said...

LOVE it . . . SO much better!!!!!

Kyle said...

Blue and cheddar a good combo. I'm glad that you're gald!

Terry said...

Good choice...it's beautiful! :0)

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful! Now for the fun part... are you hand quilting ?!?!

Lori said...

And I actually really like that better than the brown!!

Janet O. said...

Now I can hear it singing, Julie. It is a lovely combination!

Chantal said...

The blue fabric frames the quilt beautifully. The geese are flying in a blue sky. Yeah! I'm glad it is singing to you too and that you like it. Great job Julie!!

Jane said...

I think it looks wonderful, your own original design and jus the way you want it!

Rebecca in AK said...

I love it! The blue and cheddar are perfect!

Donna Keating said...

Blue is great withere cheddar. You didn't go wrong.

Leeanne said...

L*O*V*E it, my scrap lovin' friend!

Sandi said...

I'm glad that you are happy with the decision, I agree it is lovely. Congratulations.

Sandi said...

Beautiful. The blue really brightens up the rest of the quilt. Great choice!

audrey said...

This border color definitely looks more YOU.:)

audrey said...

p.s. I've learned never to trust the gals opinions at the quilt shop. They can't see inside my head and know how I really want my quilt to look.:)

nestki said...

This is great, more coordinating than the brown! A job well done and done-done. I did think the brown border was a bit wide.

Sue SA said...

Looks great, love the cheddar and blue combo. I am sure the brown will find a home somewhere else.

Helen in the UK said...

Great job. The blue and cheddar definitely work well together :)

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Julie,
looks very pretty, now that I see the difference, you are right, blue is better than brown.
Greetings,
Sylvia

The Calico Cat said...

Blue is much better... (But we all have our preferences.)

Karen said...

The blue solves the problem. I like your choice very much.

Missy Shay said...

The blue does look a lot better then the brown.

Deanna said...

That is a terrific finish and well worth the wait. I particularly enjoy your combinations of piecing and applique.

Linda O said...

Even better! The blue with the cheddar is fabulous! Great job!

Rose Marie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Loris said...

Looks lovely :-)

KaHolly said...

PERFECT!!

Jeanne said...

Yes, blue is definitely better than the brown. Glad you went with your gut feeling. It looks terrific.

Roxanne said...

Very pretty blue and a good choice for your quilt. It just seems more in line with the spirit of what you had done. Always good to follow your instinct. Beautiful!

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...