Friday, December 18, 2009

And more CC mystery...

This stack is part of the Carolina Christmas mystery by Bonnie Hunter. I am going to finish these blocks...then wait for the border, still to come in the mystery. I have an idea I am not going to set mine together just like Bonnie...just to be different, I want to see what the border looks like, then I am going to play and see what I come up with. That way, if people all set their blocks together in different ways, there will be lots of variety and originality!!!

Hope every one is great...I worked on Christmas stuff a good deal today and have been quite busy. I work the weekend, so will be busy there too.

Have a super weekend!!

Julie

15 comments:

Amelia said...

The red really pops against the lighter colors.

Do you have to work on Christmas day?

ria vogelzang said...

Love your blocks! I'm not so advanced yet...., but I think it's going to be a great quilt!
Looking forward to your setting!
Greets.

MARCIE said...

Those are great blocks! I always love the scrappiness of Bonnie's designs. Fun, fun, fun!

Pat said...

Very nice-looking and good color contrasts, too!

Louise said...

I love all your colors. They are cheerful and festive!
Louise

Béa said...

I can't wait to see how you finish your mystery. Lot of hugs from France and Merry Christmas !

Unknown said...

Love the colour contrasts
Look forward to seeing more...

Lorraine said...

You have done well ....great blocks...!!

Darcie said...

I always love your *twists!* The red is gorgeous paired with the goldens and creams. Mmmm...like a holiday in fiber!

Have a great weekend, Julie! Hugs!

PS...may I have permission to open my gifty package before December 25?!?! ;-) I'm a curious cat!

YankeeQuilter said...

Blocks are beautiful...I've debated a different layout but will most likely follow Bonnie's. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love your blocks...they look so pretty! I am wishing I went with the original colour scheme these days! My blocks look so busy and since life is so busy, I'm just not loving it!

Libby said...

Love the fabrics in your star - it's going to make a stunning quilt!

Sharon said...

This is going to be beautiful, I can't wait to see your alternative setting.

Nines said...

I love seeing everyone's CC quilt blocks. Yours are lovely. Merry Christmas.

Unknown said...

Haven't visited for awhile. I'm about where you are on the mystery and going to set it different. Put a picture in my blog today but they are not sewn together. Still deciding.

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...