Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Sweatshirt jacket

 

Good morning!!  This is the second sweatshirt jacket I have made.  I got a large sweatshirt, because the sweatshirt really shrinks a lot.  I sorted out every last blue scrap, put them in a basket, and I am randomly sewing them to the sweatshirt.  I cut the sweatshirt up the middle front, and also cut the sleeves and opened them for easier piecing.  It is a bit challenging to sew on the wiggly sweatshirt material, but I am having fun anyway.  Still, lots of work to go on this one.  


Here is Lucky, looking on.  He does not know what to think!!  HIs eyes are so pretty to look at...darling baby kitty!!  He is 8 months old now.  Good nutrition has made him grow so big and his fur is so soft and luxuriously thick.  I never thought I could be a kitty person, but I am a person who will help another being in need.  He is so sweet and just rips around, despite his permanently injured leg.  No victim here...just a kitty having a great time!!


Here is the first sweatshirt jacket I made.  I am making the blue one longer, and it is a bit bigger.  This was a man's small, and although it fits ok, I like my jackets a bit looser now.


I am enjoying a leisurely stroll through mystery quilt land.  This is Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville mystery.  Just two blocks a day...hey, any little game to get it to the finished line!





Hope each of you is doing well.  Please tell me how to get your comments to my email...they have disappeared again.  why??  I wish I had an in-house computer guru at my command!


Julie

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Loving that idea for a sweatshirt jacket--those blues are so pretty...nice work JulieK;)))
hugs, Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

julie--I used to have problems with comments too--but have discovered that if after I do a post and go down to comments and put in usually a question for the week or a quote --or something then go down to under your post name and see where it says--email follow-up to--
check that box and then the publish button and the comments will come to your email--at least it works for me--if I remember to do each week!!!
Love how your sweatshirt is coming along and that Lucky is sure a cutie pie--
hugs, diane

Anonymous said...

I think that's a wonderful idea - I may have to persuade my son to give up a sweatshirt for a greater cause soon.......I love the photo of Kitty - he really does have beautiful eyes and I'm so happy that you rescued him and kept him with you. Love, Elaine in UK x

Nancy said...

That's a great idea for the sweatshirt! And Lucky is so handsome.
As far as comments, to your blogger dashboard, click on settings, then scroll down to "Email" and add your name under "Comment notification subscribers." It seems silly that we should have to subscribe to our own blog's comments but I can't explain technology!

ButterZ said...

Yes as Nancy said. You will need to invite yourself then open your invite email and accept. This sometimes happens if you have unsubscribed to something.

Robin said...

I love the sweatshirt idea. It has a dual purpose. It fulfils your need to be creative and it fulfils your desire to be cozy and stylish. It looks great.
I tried to comment yesterday but as I was trying to send it my wi-fi went out. The workers on the road to the side of the house (I live on a corner) had cut the google cable. It's working this morning so all is well~

Nann said...

I still wear the sweatshirt jacket I made in 2003. Maybe I should try a new one. I know you're just displaying the Indigo Way blocks, but I rather like the massing of one block in the center and the other block as a border.

Kristy said...

Julie-
Your sweatshirts are so pretty! I also love your Bonnie Hunter quilt squares. Sadly I got all the fabric pulled but never started and things just got too busy. So maybe next year I will actually sew along! Besides I have at least 5 to finish already! :-) Your kitty is so sweet! Have great day- K- lkw2x6-apq@yahoo.com

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...