Monday, April 1, 2024

Puffins!!


Hello to everyone!!!  Above is my Puffin quilt progress.  All the blocks are together, and an orange border has been added.  Hurrah!!  Now for something amazing for a border treatment.  Maybe a black checkerboard?



  I sewed a new coin purse.  Or maybe a tiny cosmetic purse.  I have a free shelf at my work, and I will put it on there to see who wants it!!




I have had these blocks cut out for a zillion years and so I sewed a few.  They are 6 inches finished.  I love them...no rhythm or reason to them.  Just scrappy!!!  




March was purple month at Rainbow quilts, so I have a few purple blocks made.  I love these, and the English paper piecing method used to achieve them.  



Easter was a low-key day.  Poor Lucky was just tuckered out from all the excitement!!!!



Hope your day was wonderful, too!


Julie
 

3 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely puffins quilt--I always have a hard time figuring out borders myself, I keep saying i will plan it out, but never get to do that!!
Hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Those puffin blocks are great--partly because of the puffin print, but also because of the block itself. I think black/white would be too stark. How about an ocean blue? The sawtooth star blocks will work so well in any number of settings-- fun to contemplate.

Donna said...

Your puffin quilt looks great! Love the colors and design.

Comments!

A large tree fell over with a mighty crash, half a block from our home.  We are all grateful that it fell toward the street!  If you can zoo...