Monday, January 15, 2024

Slow stitching and rainbow blocks and gifted scraps!



Hello!!!  It is snowy here, and yet the sun is out in full force.  The snow will soon be gone.  It is the perfect time for slow stitching, right???  Above is my offering of the week for Kathy, who blogs at the page below.






Janet gave me scraps!!!!  I adore scraps, as many of you know.  I made a little quilt, above, trying to be as accurate as Janet.   Just go over and enjoy her lovely creations!!

Janet blogs here:







This is a brand new year!!!  We are led by this wonderful teacher, below.  She has all kinds of fun ideas to use a different color each month. It is great fun!
 



I have not forgotten the mystery quilt, just waiting for the perfect time to finish it all up.  

Have a lovely day, all! 

7 comments:

Donna said...

Love your scrappy quilt! I need to use up my scraps but they keep multiplying! Ugh!

Nann said...

Oh, those heart-framed flowers!!

Sherrill said...

Love your little header quilt! And all your scrappy stuff. I can't wait for it to get warm again; hate the cole.

Lori said...

Darling projects! Love the hearts!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Hearts and Flowers blocks are SEW lovely, Julie! Nice job on sewing up some GREEN blocks for Angela's Hens and Chicks QAL, too. I know Janet's work, but you didn't mention what size your little quilt turned out. Care to share?

Stephanie D said...

Julie, what size scraps do you like/want? I've got so many bins of fabric I've been hoarding for so long, and it's time to sew as much of them as I can. I'm trying to make up some quick, simple quilts, and having a bunch of little scraps is not helpful. I've been saving anything 1 1/2" square and above, but I think I may start saving only 2 1/2" squares and above, which is more useful to me. And no funky shapes. I would love to send them to you, if you want them. Otherwise, I will be tossing them in the trash can as I cut.

Chookyblue...... said...

you do make pretty scrap quilts too............nice scraps from Janet.........

Sewing right along!

Hello!!  I made a few zipper bags for the guild sales table, to raise money for the guild scholarships.  I bought zippers on Amazon for penn...