Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Quilting this and that


Remember the Unity Quilt that Bonnie Hunter designed, near the beginning of the pandemic?  Here is my start on that!!  I really concentrated on pressing and accuracy.  I just love it!!  Again, this is a collaborative quilt with Annie.  Super fun!



I have been making a few little taco pouches in-between things.  Here are my efforts.  You can find the free pattern here:  


I am surprised at how simple these are.  A very fun sew!!!


 Jo, at Jo's country junction, has been sewing tiny stars.  She did a video all about them.  I remembered my tiny stars, and just pulled them out to admire these tiny blocks, and to cut a few more of them.   You can find her video here:  


Sew with Jo: Making STAR BLOCKS and chatting with you about scraps and thrift store finds!! - YouTube


My stars are four inches finished, and Jo's are three inches finished.  Itty-bitty!


Have a wonderful day, each of you!!!

7 comments:

Janet O. said...

You and Annie come up with great projects to do together. Love this!
Cute little taco pouches.
Love the little stars. Do you have a plan for what you will do with them in the end?

Loris said...

Lovely start to your Unity quilt and all those stars! You are inspiring :-)
I watched the video for the Taco Zipper Pouch...that looks addicting! HA! I think I'm going to plan some of those for the future. It looks like fun! Hugs to you, Julie :-)

Kyle said...

It's nice to be working on new projects. Love those tiny stars.

sue s said...

What a coincidence! I am currently working on my Unity quilt. I started with Bonnie, got three rounds done, and put it away. I'm now finishing part 4. I will enjoy watching yours develop!

AnnieO said...

Great start on Unity! I didn’t make one but have admired all the different versions online. Sweet pouches. Now I want a fish taco…

Nann said...

Such an inspiring array of projects!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your Unity is really pretty - the colors are very striking!
and what cute little bitty stars!

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...