Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Yahoo! Two finished tops!!

My friend Annie and I made very similar quilts for a wonderful charitable cause. 

A quilter named Ray is making quilts for the Veterans in his church!! Annie heard about this from JO, of Jo's Country Junction.  This following is from Ray himself.

"The church I am a member of, Saint Hilary's Episcopal Church, is holding a Veteran's Day dinner on Nov 10 to recognize and appreciate veterans. Last year we gave 13 red, white and blue quilts to veterans in the congregation. We have more to recognize and want to include visitors, guests and veteran family members with quilts. So many have gone for so long without any recognition or acknowledgement. Just trying to change that in some way."



Mine is above.  We had several different pattern options to choose from.  Annie designed the quilts, and I picked one design that she sent, and we were off to the races!!!  These were the centers of the blocks, that I was making a couple of weeks ago.
 
This one is Annie's!!!!  I love her border the best.  We had so much fun making these together and cannot wait to work on our next ones!!  Isn't that so cool how different they look, using the same block????



Enjoy your sewing!!



Julie K




12 comments:

Chantal said...

They are both winners!! I can even not pick a favourite as I really like both. Well done, ladies. Looking forward to more of your "race" quilt. Enjoy! ;^)

scottylover said...

Both are just lovely! Thank you for sharing them!

Sherrill said...

Ooo, so PRETTY!! Nice job gals!

Rose Marie said...

Wonderful quilts! I wonder what the two of you will do next?

Vicki W said...

Those quilts are going to make 2 people very happy!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Gorgeous quilts!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is so cool - to see the same blocks and how they make completely different quilts! they are both so gorgeous!!!

Janet O. said...

Two very striking quilts. They will definitely be appreciated by the lucky recipients!
Annie did a great job with the design. I love what I see here! Nice work, my friends!

Loris said...

Hi Julie :-) These quilts are beautiful! I especially like the pattern you chose. They are both going to be loved. Great job!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love to see the same quilt blocks in different layouts! Both quilts are so pretty - well done!

Lori said...

I love them both! You two are amazing!

Chookyblue...... said...

Fabric placement can make a huge difference....... They are both beautiful......

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...