Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Marching on!!

 If you have been hanging out with me for a while (a long while, LOL!), you may remember this quilt, that I have been working on.  It was a Summer block of the week, by Lisa Bongean of primitive gatherings.  Her original quilt was a wool one, of three inch blocks, and I have the top all complete.  But then....I thought!  What if I enlarge the blocks to six inches, and put sashing in between the blocks, of vines...in between the flowers???
 So I did.  The blocks and sashing have been staring at me, more and more accusingly...saying, "When can WE be a quilt?"  Today was the day!!  I finally have the top all in one piece.  I have a ton more leaves to applique, but this is a huge step forward for me, and the very step that I needed to move forward on some other projects, too.  So yahoo!  Lots more work to be done on this one...tons more leaves, and lots of quilting and of course those borders that I am always challenged with.  But I am to this point!  And so I am grateful!!!  This is not trimmed...just TOGETHER, which is a huge celebration to me!!
 Another woolly block was released, so I prepped it, and did a tiny bit of stitching on it.  Turns out that this quilt is wanting to be a bit bright, instead of muted primitive colors!  Never can tell what these quilts are going to ask for, LOL!
 So...I decided I had enough plaid and plain flying geese blocks for my quilt, and had these leftover. I sewed them into a little runner.  AND THEN!!! I decided to make my original quilt bigger, so I need twenty more blocks.  SNORT!!! Figures, huh?? I am back cutting more out, LOL!
This is hand appliqued and hand quilted, for a very special friend.  Just working on the binding and label, and it will be in the post.  I hope she likes it! I have made dozens of heart quilts through the years, and love each and every one!!




Have a super day, everyone!!!




Julie K

19 comments:

Nancy said...

Your applique flowers with vines is just beautiful, Julie! I love your little setting squares/snowballs. They just add to and enhance the flowers. You must have a lot of patience to applique so many vines and leaves. It will be wonderful when it's quilted!
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

Binsa said...

Hi Julie I enjoyed your post gorgeous little heart quilt hugs lyn

Caro said...

Lovely quilt!

Little Penpen said...

YOU amaze me! I love the flowers and vines. I like your 'snort' comment when you said you were enlarging the quilt. :)

Kat Scribner said...

Your summer block of the week project is gorgeous, made better with the sashing style.

Karen said...

The vine and leaves between the blocks is an excellent addition. I think this is my favorite of your quilts thus far.

Tired Teacher said...

The vines and leaves add a lot of interest to the summer flower blocks - good call.

One of my recent quilts needed more blocks, so I made some - far more than I needed. Sigh!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That quilt is lovely!!! Glad you are doing the applique, not me.

Chantal said...

It must be an older one because I don't recall you working on this quilt. I am glad it wasn't finished because I now have the chance to see it and I am in love with it. So pretty and delicate looking, yet happy and cheerful. Wonderful idea to add the vines. I chuckled at your "snort". It sounds like something I would do too. ;^)

Janet O. said...

What you have done with Lisa's pattern is breathtaking. Such a lovely effect with the leafy vines between the flowers.
Well, those brighter little baskets look very happy with their coloring, so it must be right.
Too funny about the flying geese blocks. You are a hoot, Julie! : )
Sweet, sweet little heart quilt will be a treasure for someone.

Sue SA said...

Your summer quilt with all the flowers is just so pretty, but I especially love the vine leaf sashing, that is sensational and well worth the effort! So glad you got it all together to show us! Thanks for sharing.

Chookyblue...... said...

I love the look of that quilt.........

Nann said...

Oh, what a lovely quilt! The sashing sets off the flowers perfectly. And now that you shared the evidence you will feel compelled to get this one finished.

Leeanne said...

Holy smoke my friend, that is one lovely quilt! The vines make it.

gayle said...

Wow! Look at you go!
Your applique flower quilt is beautiful! Good call on those vines.

Kyle said...

The wool flower blocks are wonderful, but with the vine and leaf sashing they are glorious!

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow I had to study that photo to figure out how you put that quilt together... brilliant!
And it looks fabulous!

Lori said...

That quilt and setting is fantastic!!

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...