Monday, March 23, 2015

Something very special

 I bought something...a piece of art.  This is Kaaren's quilt, of the Painted quilt, HERE. She was selling this treasure, and I had already planned to make this one when I had the wool...so I bought hers!!  This quilt was featured in Primitive Quilts.  I am in love with it!!  I just pinned it up for a moment on my dining room wall, but it is now being framed.  (Like my old, old, antique wall paper?)  It will be a gift for my first grandchild's room decor.   I am having it framed to protect it.   If I ever have a grandchild...no pressure here!!  Actually I don't nag the kids...it will happen in it's own good time!!
 A close up.  Kaaren hand stitched every delicious morsel of this quilt.  I love it.  My pictures are not good...but her quilt is amazing!
And here is where I am on the sampler quilt.  I am way, way excited about this quilt!!  It has been nothing but joy, from beginning to end.  You can make this quilt too!!  See Jeni's blog HERE.




**********************Nurse's notes**********************************

The man was a cowboy.  A real cowboy, with horses, cows, and a ranch.  And a bevy of lovely ladies in his life, a wife and darling daughters.  Down for a rodeo...he fell down dead...really...dead.    CPR was immediate!!  And he was revived.  BUT!!  He needed heart surgery, emergently.  And so he had it...and so he rode off in his huge pickup, into the sunset.  And did amazingly well!!

His tough, rough ranch life of hard, hard work served him in good stead.  I truly believe a weaker man or woman would not have survived.  I just loved them all, and will never forget them. What a blessing my patients are to me!




Now keep in mind...this story has been changed for privacy purposes, and has taken place in the past...maybe ten years ago...or less...and also I have written permission to talk about it from the cowboy himself.

*********************************************************************


Have a great day, all!!

Julie


22 comments:

Sandra said...

You have a real treasure with Kaarens Quilt. And another treasure with your quilt you are making as well.

Chantal said...

What a beautiful little treasure you bought. I love it too. I also love your own beautiful quilt. All done? No border?
Hooray for the cowboy!! :D

Tired Teacher said...

Happy to hear the cowboy's story has a happy new beginning! Cowboys/cowgirls are physically and spiritually tough cookies!

Love the Noah's ark wall hanging - it's adorable & will look great in a nursery.

Karen said...

What a treasure you purchased!

Janet O. said...

So YOU were the lucky buyer. I am so happy for you! I purchased that magazine and plan to make that--someday, right? : )
Kaaren's work is meticulous. I have a wool applique pillow from a giveaway on her blog. It is a treasure to me.
Another great story from your work experience. Keep 'em coming!

Kyle said...

What an awesome Noah's quilt. I can see why you jumped at the chance to own it. Kaaren used some beautiful wools and colors in her quilt. It will be delightful in a nursery someday. It's always good to be prepared.

Leeanne said...

Lovely Noah's Ark wool quilt....all ready for those grandkids :-)
Nice to see and hear you have enjoyed making Jeni's Life of Plenty quilt, it is lovely. Yeah-ha to the cowboy! Long may he live!

Missy Shay said...

What beautiful quilts!

Donna Keating said...

How fortunate you are to own Kaaren's quilt. It's so special and fun.

Donna Keating said...

How fortunate you are to own Kaaren's quilt. It's so special and fun.

KaHolly said...

Kaaren does lovely work.

Lori said...

How fantastic you got to purchase Kaaren's quilt! What a treasure.
Love your primitive quilt as well.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a wonderful purchase you made! A real treasure!
Loved the cowboy story!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Julie,
you bought the quilt from Karen? Great to hear, I have seen the pictures and thought the quilt is just adorable. Congratulations, very good investment.
Your top is coming along very well. I am debating, the project is lovely.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Little Penpen said...

Congrats! on buying Kaaren's quilt. I saw that she had sold it recently. What a treasure!

Bren said...

I LOVE your cowboy story!!!!
The quilt you bought is beautiful. It will be a focal point in that nursery. Your Sampler is wonderful too. I am itching to start something new.

audrey said...

What a great quilt to have framed! It looks wonderful.:)

Rebecca in AK said...

Such a wonderful Noah's ark quilt! It will look perfect in a nursery! You have done a fabulous job on Jeni's sew along quilt! I always love your Nursing Notes.

Linda O said...

My grandpa was a true cowboy...they are a tough breed! Your sampler looks great! And what a treasure in the Noah's Ark quilt!

Patty Hall said...

Love that quilt you bought! And your sample quilt! and your stories!
I bet that cowboy had plenty to tell.

Binsa said...

Your Sampler Quilt is coming along nicely.Love the Noah's Ark Quilt Regards Lyn

Needled Mom said...

I love Kaaren's work. That will make such a nice gift for that first grandbaby.

Your yellow flower is so pretty too.

Way to ride off into the sunset, cowboy!! How lucky he was to have someone there who knew CPR!

Hexies, rainbow quilts and plaids!

Good morning to all!!!  Above is a hexagon, for English paper piecing.  My kitten Lucky has discovered them, and decided that they are great...